Gosh's homepage

Since it's slow tonite i'll talk about one of the things i'm working on. It's always been a goal of mine to make a customized homepage for my unattended setup.

My latest attempt to make a custom homepage is here

It's very basic, all it does it let you search sites. It does exactly the same thing as importing my iesearch registry keys from install.inf. This homepage also educates the user that they can perform custom searches from the address bar. For example, after looking at the homepage you can see that you can search google by typing 'google term' in the address bar.

The background color matched the theme i was using at the time. To get the rgb code, i simply looked at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors and matched it to the color showed in display properties. The idea is to match the homepage with the default theme.

The original idea was to have the favorites explorer bar be on the left, but only on the homepage. I found a way to do this, but the html i found didn't work and i gave up on the idea ;( Does anyone know how to show the favories exporer bar via html? I only want to show it on the homepage, once you type a url i want the favorites bar to go away.

If anyone wants to edit mine or show a better homepage i'm all for it.

-gosh