Recent Forum Topics
- Advice on a 64bit system upgrade
- Clean Alt-Tab for Win8: desktop...
- Windows 7 explorer for Windows 8
- Introducing - Unofficial Windows...
- Windows 8 automated - couple iss...
- OldNewExplorer - make your 8.1 e...
- Download Stream Video (from redb...
- Event 1000, event 1014
- How Do I Determine What WUDFHost...
- Windows 2000 ATA to AHCI without...
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP 1 Released
Posted on Feb 22 2011 10:47 AM by xper in Software
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 will help you:
- Keep your PCs supported and up-to-date
- Get ongoing updates to the Windows 7 platform
- Easily deploy cumulative updates at a single time
- Meet your users' demands for greater business mobility
- Provide a comprehensive set of virtualization innovations
- Provide an easier Service Pack deployment model for better IT efficiency
Do not click download if you are updating just one computer:
A smaller, more appropriate download is now available on Windows Update. The best way to ensure you get Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 is by turning on the Automatic Updates feature. You can use our step-by-step instructions or, if you prefer, let us do it for you. If Windows Update is not offering you the option to install the service pack, see KB 2498452. If you are encountering a problem when installing the service pack from Windows update, see Troubleshoot problems installing a service pack for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
Steps to take before installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center
If you choose to install Windows 7 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center Web site, there are steps that you can take to make sure that you have a good experience when you install the service pack. This article, KB 2505743, provides some suggestions to improve your experience when you install Windows 7 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center Web site.
In order to download and install Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 you must currently have a Release to Manufacturing (RTM) version of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 already installed.
If you have previously installed a pre-release version of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 on your machine, you must uninstall that version before installing SP1.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 is available for installation in the same languages made available at original launch of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
Download: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP 1 (1953.3MB - .ISO)
Homepage: Windows Update