Recent Forum Topics
- Locking up and audio stopped wor...
- Aero Glass for Win8.1 1.2.5
- Windows ME on Acer Aspire 5502WX...
- The upcoming new tool for Win 7/...
- Migrating Windows 7 or 8 Install...
- Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8
- How to make Photoshop CS2 Portab...
- NT 4 Workstation installer crash...
- Your Top 7 James Bond Movies
Windows Tuesday patch 'breaks' VMware
Posted on Feb 10 2011 12:33 PM by xper in Software
If you have not installed these patches, delay the installation of the Microsoft patches until you have installed VMware View Client (build 353760).
VMware View Client build 353760 has been tested on:
- Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit + Internet Explorer 8
- Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit + Internet Explorer 8
- Windows 7 Home 32 bit + Internet Explorer 8
The View Client patch can be downloaded from here. Enter your credentials, accept the EULA and download the appropriate file:
- If you are using Windows 7 32-bit, use VMware-viewclient-4.5.0-353760.exe.
- If you are using Windows 7 64-bit, use VMware-viewclient-x86_64-4.5.0-353760.exe.
Note: If you are using View Client 4.0.x and are experiencing this issue, you can install the appropriate View Client 4.5 for your environment.
Disclaimer: Using Windows 7 with a View Client 4.0.x is not supported, so this information is provided as is, and without testing.
To apply this patch
Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose the previously installed VMware View Client and click Remove.
- Navigate to where you downloaded VMware-viewclient-xxx-4.5.0-353760.exe and run the executable file.
- Follow the installation installation wizard to complete installation.
- Reboot the computer.
Note: VMware View Clients with build number 353760 or later are not affected by this issue.