Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. diff and ffvpx patch are posted already.
  3. Today
  4. Won't cp/m to old to run jpeg
  5. Best Hypervisor for Windows 98

Did you try PCem-X?
  6. I use AMNHLTM. http://toogam.com/software/archive/drivers/cpu/cpuidle/cpuidle.htm It's a simple VXD file that you install and forget about it. Can't be simpler than that!
  7. There's a link under the word "here" in the quote above... There's another link under the words "page about exFAT" in the quote above... If you search enough, MDGx's page may even have a driver for CP/M...
  8. @dencorso I need exfat for my camera.
  9. I am trying to get diff of src patches.
  10. At present I do recommend just 3 other true hotfixes, the ones marked as hotfix in this post, and the exFAT upgrade (KB955704), which version for XPSP3 has been already pulled by MS, but can still be found here. Moreover, MDGx's (yes he's alive!) enthusiastic page about exFAT is a good read (although I do still prefer either FAT32 or NTFS, a closed proprietary fs like exFAT dos not thrill me at all, as you may imagine). I haven't identified any other which is a true must, besides those. YMMV, of course!
  11. Windows 10 Unattended Guide

Well, WSIM is the program to create XML files. I rarely ever use it, but if you are new to making these types of files, it is the way to go. The only function of WSIM I find particularly useful is the ability to check syntax vs an image. There are some instances where an XML will work fine on the stock DVD, but not work on a custom image. So I wouldn't put WSIM down as a deployment tool in the same way as ICD. ICD is an evolution of the EDT (Express Deployment Tool) and is like an entry level version of MDT. MDT seems to be the good thing to use, but even it and ICD have the same issues to me. They are designed specifically for use in the Enterprise Channel and are not very useful if you are in the OEM Channel due to imaging requirements being different.
  12. Firefox Quantum

I think part of it may have been that I normally block most parts of websites and currently I am not able to do so. Noscript is not yet released for Quantum. Perhaps it not seems slower because it is now actually downloading all those videos and other crap that people put on their websites.
  13. Can't Generate Key

If you are not the advanced user then you should not use any experimental software.
  14. I am using the version roytam1 posted (above) a few days ago, http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/basilisk-55.0.0a1.win32-git-20171111-5201659a8-xpmod.7z Three of the files in it were updated on 13th to fix a bug with file selection. Everything I needed to install was in that archive. There is a diff of source patches there as well, I think
  15. @roytam1 hi can you share your basilik patches?
  16. Compiling Chromium browser for XP

I am going for Firefox 57 . No way to stay on chrome it's really better than any browser I used before.
  17. Roytam1, I have been running the Nov 13th Basilisk Nightly extensively on WinXP x86 SP3. Has been in constant use and I have not seen any problems, except the typical firefox tendency to gradually use more memory as the hours go by. It has been my primary browser for several days. Incredible! Thanks for all you have done for this community b
  18. Thanks as always den! I've installed the update and all seems fine. My winlogon.exe is now 5.1.2600.6443. I guess I was lucky that BSOD hadn't happened before if my system was vulnerable to it. It was just bad luck that the first time it happened was just after a set of updates, which made me think that one of them had caused it of course! I'd be interested to know too if there are any other patches like that which we should have, mainly because presumably eventually Microsoft will remove them. Cheers, Dave.
  19. I have a request i believe its important . Please create a installer for your build . Mach installer command will do the trick . basilisk finally got official release
  20. Latest improvement: - Paragraph 10 has been modified to include a simple procedure to clean the CD/DVD reader. HTH
  21. Is there hope to use the Presto engine of Opera again to visit that board? Since one week, I get only a blue screen with a short text "ipsfocus42-november1". It would be a great pity, because my favorite OS is ME. Latest version 12.18 on XP is also affected.
  22. KernelEX for XP.

Will still say that ? I already added your needed function only left for me test. For your kind information XP community has many BWC and better people like Samuka . Not a single genius . I can't say about other people at least your words harted me so far.
  23. Can't Generate Key

I just donated and downloaded the experimental debug file for build 16299 but I am not sure what to do now. I read the guide but it does not give any instructions on what do do with the DLL file called DWMGlass.dll or how to get it to run. I am not an advanced user so any further instruction would be appreciated. I tried to run an older installer but it says its not compatible with my version. Please help. I have already downloaded and placed the files I think I need in a location on C called GlassFiles that I created.
  24. Clicking on 'Date' column header.
  25. "and giving to order by descending date." How do I do that?
  26. I wanted to thank the participants of this forum thread for helping me solve this month's problem with the windows updates in my windows xp embedded. I always update with Microsoft Update from internet explorer and it took about 3 hours to find the updates. Last month it never ended and he had to choose not to use internet explorer but automatic updates of the control panel to be able to hibernate the computer and continue the search for updates the next day. It took 2 whole days. This month the problem got worse and I was already gone for 3 days without finding the updates. As in Windows 10 there have also been problems this month with the Malicious Remove Tool, I figured that in XP it would be the same and I found this thread. I installed KB4047206, KB4011265 and KB4011205, I restarted, I searched for updates with internet explorer and found the 4 that were missing in 2 minutes !!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much. From now on, when you see how long it takes to find updates, I will consult the ones available https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=XP+Embedded https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=office+compatibility and giving to order by descending date clicking on 'Date' column header. The updates that can take a long time to find are the cumulative of both Internet explorer and windows. Again, thank you very much for everything from Spain. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Quería agradecer a los participartes de este hilo del foro por haberme ayudado a solventar el problema de este mes con las actualizaciones de windows en mi windows xp embedded. Yo siempre actualizo con Microsoft Update desde internet explorer y tardaba unas 3 horas en encontrar las actualizaciones. El mes pasado no terminaba nunca y tuvo que optar por no usar internet explorer sino las actualizaciones automáticas del panel de control para poder así hibernar el ordenador y que continuara la búsqueda de actualizaciones al día siguiente. Tardó 2 días enteros. Este mes el problema se agrabó y ya iba por 3 días sin encontrar las actualizaciones. Como en Windows 10 también ha habido problemas este mes con el Malicious Remove Tool, imaginé que en XP sería igual y encontré este hilo. Instalé KB4047206, KB4011265 y KB4011205, reinicié, busqué actualizaciones con internet explorer y encontró las 4 que faltaban en 2 minutos!!!!!!!!!! Muchas gracias. A partir de ahora cuando vea que tarda en encontrar actualizaciones consultaré las disponibles en https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=XP+Embedded https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=office+compatibility y dando a ordenar por fecha descendente pulsando sobre el título de la columna de las fechas de las actualizaciones. Las actualizaciones que pueden tardar mucho en encontrarse son las acumulativas tanto de internet explorer como de windows. De nuevo muchas gracias por todo desde España.
  27. Last Versions of Software for Windows 98SE

Anyone know of a modern PDF reader? Windows 9x is surely good for reading ebooks.
  1. Load more activity