Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I use: service pack 2 (Convenience rollup update) Windows6.1-KB3185330-x64 windows6.1-kb3197867-x64 Windows6.1-KB3192391 windows6.1-kb3172605 Windows6.1-KB3177467 Windows6.1-KB3102810 Windows6.1-KB3138612 Windows6.1-KB3064209 Windows6.1-KB2852386 windows6.1-kb4048957 windows6.1-kb4034664 Windows6.1-KB2533552 Windows6.1-KB3031432 windows6.1-kb2698365 Windows6.1-KB3059317 Windows6.1-KB2706045 Windows6.1-KB2862330 windows6.1-kb2667402 Windows6.1-KB3046269 Let me know if important kb are missing
  3. Today
  4. Hi, i have got a Seagate Barracuda 3000GB (ST3000DM001) which died the other day, and since i recovered some bricked routers via serial port, i hoped this also works for my hdd. there is no clicking or anything, just not available for the bios. is there a pdf or something where the pictures of the first post are still there? greets
  5. If is not compatible with generic Realtek HD driver it will not help.. HD driver would be good for XP, not for Windows 98.. for Win98 you need AC97 realtek codec / driver. Only shame any HD audio card, arent backward compatible with AC97, it would make a sense, same as SB16 compatibility.. I Check W9x section, officially supported was Intel 865 chipset, but there are some shady magic ways.. paid patches etc..
  6. List of Working Web Browsers on Windows 2000 & NT4

@tomasz86 That makes sense. I would think running anything modern on vanilla 2000 would be difficult. Sometimes it's hard enough getting modern stuff working on SP4 let alone SP0. As I demonstrated in this thread, the current versions of Adobe Flash Player require SP4, the rollup, the UURollup, and the DirectX from February 2010. IE6 is also required if you plan on being able to run the plug in, because IE5 is way too old.
  7. No MSFN forums with Opera Presto engine

Thanks for the condolence. small movie
  8. Yes, that might be it. I'm obviously not so good with tables. Thanks, dencorso!
  9. This rings any bells?
  10. Hm, maybe I haven't sleep enough last night, but I just can't figure out from that post what exactly are those 3 hotfixes. There are so many numbers... @glnz Well, I have noscript, adblock plus and better privacy of those firefox addons, and haven't experienced any of problems with this site You've mentioned. It might be one of other addons or something else.
  11. The Intel Manual shows %PDF-1.6 in the first 8 bytes. Reader 6.0.6 reports "bad encrypt dictionary". It reads fine in Acrobat 7.
  12. Last Versions of Software for Windows 98SE

So...has anyone found a good pdf reader? I found Filezilla's Free PDF Reader, but it costs money to view the whole pdfs T_T I wanna read my bible!
  13. Everyone - three things - 1) mixit - your posts show only a grey box where you present useful info. (Just recently at http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/171814-posready-2009-updates-ported-to-windows-xp-sp3-enu/?do=findComment&comment=1147450). What should I do to see what you posted? 2) On my wife's important SOHO machine (Win 7 64-bit), we are still using Office 2003. Should any of the recent updates for Office or Compatibility be run manually on her machine? 3) On this my favorite forum, the buttons for INSERT URL (the chain link icon) and >> (go to Last Page) don't work. Also, the buttons for any page (such as "122") don't work. Might 1) and 3) be the result of my having so much security on my Firefox browser that I now need to use a password to go to the loo? (NoScript, Disconnect, BetterPrivacy, AdBlockPlus (actually turned off for this site), CookieMonster, HTTPS Everywhere ...) Thanks.
  14. https://web.archive.org/web/20150922145904/download.microsoft.com/download/A/0/5/A05EF63F-F0FF-4D7F-9441-3BAFCCDED0F0/WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-ITA.exe
  15. Probably, you can check and see if you have ACPI related items in Device Manager under System Devices. At least when installing Windows 98 into VirtualBox, manual intervention is required to enable ACPI support on the OS level.
  16. You know, I didn't have any issues, but when you pointed that out, I checked my winlogon.exe and I found out I had the old version: 5.1.2600.5512. I've just donwloaded the Italian version and updated. Thanks ^_^ As to the KB955704 (exFAT), I tried to google it but I didn't find it. Dencorso, your version is the English one, but my XP install needs the Italian one. I found a user who uploaded it on his dropbox in 2016, but that link expired too. It seems that only the one for Windows Server 2003 is available, which is a shame. Many people complained in the Italian Microsoft forum, but didn't get any useful answer from Microsoft MVPs. Perhaps @jaclaz has an Italian XP install and KB955704?
  17. No MSFN forums with Opera Presto engine

Nah! This's better:
  18. I.e. much more than what you manually measured? Or do you have 3/4th of a whole minute in reaction time? jaclaz
  19. The log in page for key generation is http://www.glass8.eu/sign/
  20. I know it is very difficult to see, but go to the www.glass.eu site, and look here as indicated in screenshot.
  21. Sorry, forgot about that. Log file says "Operation took: 7:47 min)".
  22. My email is liudafei(at)live.com,,and my donation Receipt Number: 2831-2017-7568-0387, could you please give it a check,, thanks you!
  23. hi dude, I donated 3 € years ago and got 2 license keys, I really enjoy the software, thank you! now I want to transfer the license key to my new OS, but I cant find an entry to log me in your system to do that, I remembered there's a entry on your site, please help me out, thanks in advance! Best regards, Jeff
  24. My guess is that it is a "lost cause". If possible at all, I would suggest however that instead of the stupid empty blue screen there could be the possibility to have a message like: And the word for today is: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/consistency in the meanings #2 and #3, jaclaz
  25. Antivirus for xp?

Fell like it's worth mentioning here that theres an add on for firefox called No Script. https://noscript.net/ And to be totally obvious about this peice of software is that It hardens Firefox attack serfice so hard that you cannot even view most web pages properly until u set up whitelists. Like if you only use firefox and no script it is impossible to get a virus browsing a web page. That means the only way your getting a virus is to download somthing and click it. That is pretty much your own stupidity at that point. For not scanning the file for virus. You could get a virus through email, but probably not webmail. And only from an attachment again you are clicking things. Addblock Plus + Noscript + HTTPs Everywhere + maybe ghostery. You are secure. Very.
  26. Last Versions of Software for Windows 98SE

Would you please tell which ,pdf version the The Intel Programming Manuals report to be? It can be easily read from the file's 1st 8 bytes, in an hexeditor. Here below are two such examples, with v. 1.4 and 1.7, respectively...
  1. Load more activity