Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yep, another program that helps to prevent Windows 10 from automatically update. this one comes from NoVirusThanks, a software developer that gave the world a few programs like Exe Radar Pro. that I've read a lot good about on security-related sites. Some might find it handy. http://www.novirusthanks.org/products/win-update-stop/ Personally I didn't test. It says it supports all 32/64 bit Windows from XP to 10, but I find Win7 built-in tools for that purpose quite better than the one in Win 10 Wilders Security thread (quite brief at the moment of posting).
  3. Today
  4. presentation

Oh, hey. Hello. Have a good time here :>
  5. Java 1.6.22 fails on install

I have got a Windows 98se pc with KernelEx installed. I tried to install Java 1.6.22 since the wiki said that is the lastest version that runs without any major problems. Actually the installer fails on copying new files with message: Error 1330.A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_22\Data1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt. Task scheduler also changes icon. I have tried silent mode and changing compatibility. They failed. What can I do to install it without this error?
  6. As jaclaz says you must install the older OS first when you install multiple Windows versions for multiboot, so much I know.
  7. presentation

Hello everybody! Developer visual basic in Portugal My preferred system is XP, but y like seven. mimie64
  8. Windows 95C on a Dell Latitude D510

as far as i have experienced, there is no usb 2.0 in windows 95 osr 2.5, meaning, the speeds will be limited to usb 1.1, that being said, you should still get the controller and hub to work, just that it will be limited to usb 1.1 speeds, getting usb to work on 95 osr 2.5 can be tricky sometimes, the bios settings like you mentioned can change the way devices show up or work, interestingly for me, i actually had to do the opposite, set usb emulation to disabled for some usb devices to work on certain laptops, though i don't really remember to be honest how i got them to work on 95 osr 2.5. as far as the other things go, i did want to mention that i wasn't gonna necessarily point out which installation order to do things but for the other stuff, can you list the hardware id of the ethernet and firewire, i have gotten firework drivers to install on 95 but i never tested them. i may or may not have had to manually add the hardware id to the inf. also, i was wondering where you got the scitech display doctor 7 beta, i have been using more recently the univbe driver but for some reason on some systems i tested, it gives a windows protection error / fault / divide in zero related error, i am not sure if the scitech did this but i feel like the scitech would be better overall and not have the issues i have experienced.
  9. Hmmm. I would probably go for Toruk, if needed. jaclaz
  10. StartIsBack++ 2.5

Right clicking on open program in taskbar restarts explorer, but does not close window.
  11. Certainly NOT. Not really "have to", You could alternatively use a Windows 7 installed to a .vhd, For the Windows 10 (already installed) OS the .vhd will be just a (large) file, and you wouldn't need to modify the partitioning. jaclaz
  12. If I've got a win-10 system and I want to install win-7 from a bootable thumb drive, will the win-7 installation process correctly configure the (single) hard drive for dual-boot and preserve the existing win-10 setup? Would I have to create a new partition on the existing hard drive first to do this (and can that be done from win-10)?
  13. StartIsBack++ 2.5

StartIsBack v2.5.2 activated...
  14. OldNewExplorer 1.1.8

Yes, I had to take ownership of the file from TrustedInstaller to perform the renaming, which looks like this: How are your preferences for OldNewExplorer? Mine are like this ...
  15. Microsoft Update Windows Update Warning both the MS BEASTS are Dragons, so beware Dragons belong to same Kindom of beasts, but both are different in nature and power
  16. MSFN will be online one more month!

Thanks to your donations we are still online :-) Thank you
  17. StartIsBack++ 2.5

Your trial period has probably expired.
  18. Notice: no new basilisk/moebius build today, since upstream changes is limited: - Checking NS_BINDING_ABORTED to avoid dispatching navigate event (5e6185d96) - Merge pull request #302 from janekptacijarabaci/devtools_actors_tab_1 (66a9a051d) - Don't try to use "doc" reference when it might be dead (e705ee82d) - Merge pull request #304 from janekptacijarabaci/toolkit_readerMode_1 (f7058b867) - Remove Rust MP4 parser component. (40ba92f01) - Remove rust URL parser component (d329d68f9) - Change XFO sameorigin to check all ancestors for same origin. (69ef73749) - Remove OS-specific importSourceGroup. (e9170641e)
  19. New Build! 32bit https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.8.0a1.win32-git-20180121-4b2c1b329-xpmod.7z 32bit noSSE https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.8.0a1.win32-git-20180121-4b2c1b329-xpmod-ia32.7z 64bit https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.8.0a1.win32-git-20180121-4b2c1b329-xpmod.7z Official repo changes since my last build: - Collapse notification bar in fullscreen (c1bcdecae) - Removed "on Windows" from comment (e335a9f6f) - Merge pull request #1576 from SpockMan02/master (f4444d4f2) - Remove WebRTC - Part 1: Configure (ccbc20a0f) - Added function for a showTabPreviews pref (10d74de4d) - Added checkbox for showTabPreviews (46f6b0ae5) - Added browser.ctrlTab.previews pref (951495c63) - Added label for showTabPreviews (295aee74e) - Removed unnecessary showTabPreviews function (2dd6ae6d4) - Remove WebRTC - Part 2: Remove all WebRTC files that are not depended upon by the rest of the build system (b16a33e19) - Merge pull request #1583 from binoc-central/webrtc-sec (08263752a) - Made showTabPreviews checkbox string less hand-holding (d208ead3c) - Merge pull request #1582 from SpockMan02/master (d9292ecaf) - Adjust the theme to account for natural border width rounding. (afa34c7a6) - Version bump (new cycle) (7f021126b) - Remove extraneous "tab". (fb9110941) - Implement ES6 22.1.3.31 Array.prototype[@@unscopables] (ee9d53abb) - Add Eyedropper to the app menu (9b2f63ec2) - Merge pull request #1589 from janekptacijarabaci/devtools_appmenu_eyedropper_1 (b5709d37b) - Add check for Windows 8.1 version (bdaa898f7) - Perform an `XCTO: nosniff` check only for 2xx responses (394350218) - Don't use transparency optimization for theme items in Windows 8 or later with a high contrast theme in use. (3dc0774f7) - Shut up rpmlint (73983c688) - Merge pull request #1593 from JustOff/PR_nosniff_2xx_only (538dfb780) - Don't style the menu bar items unless we don't have a compositor. (b8c009079) - Issue #1595 part 1: Remove Vista checks in XPCOM (f6c1a6b46) - Issue #1595 part 2: Remove Vista checks in /hal (723e8aed0) - Issue #1595 part 3: Remove Vista checks in DOM (8c4c48d34) - Issue #1595 part 4: Remove Vista checks in JS and XRE (d6e790af7) - Issue #1595 part 5: Remove Vista checks in Windows widget code (7c0acbff8) - Issue #1595 part 6: Remove Vista check in Windows DLL blocklist (e6294019c) - Issue #1595 part 7: Remove Vista checks in /gfx (4b2c1b329) My changes since my last build: - Reverted changes in Issue #1595
  20. Extended Kernel for XP (ExtendedXP)

Any updates? I just discovered this as I have new (to me) XP Pro machine I've setup.
  21. Yesterday
  22. Optiplex 170L Audio Driver?

Thanks! that worked... I didn't think to try ones that didn't explicity say they worked with 98se (that one appears to be for 2000+) It works perfectly! ...and that one was right on thew drivers page for this sytem on dells site...if only I had been adventurous when I saw it before.
  23. The new experimental version is better. Is anyone else noticing a brief popping up of small black lines/rectangles when hovering over windows' min/max/close buttons? Best to try it through Remote Desktop. This is the kind of thing I'm getting around the taskbar area on Windows 8.1 sometimes. I can reproduce the problem with min/max/close buttons when connecting to Windows 8.1 machine with Remote Desktop which has Aero Glass. Only happens with blurring enabled. I believe this is the same problem that people have been reporting all this time since the Windows 8 era. Also: Read only 2nd paragraph: And:
  24. They do not. The issue in question only happens in Microsoft Update, which is a totally different beast than Windows Update.
  25. Weird internet problem in Windows 95

As of right now, Google.com (not google.co.uk) works on Internet Explorer 5.5, but not on Internet Explorer 6. Bing crashes IE5.5 and unless you use a different browser, you won't be able to use the search engine. You can still do a basic search for websites under Google, but most of the websites under that browser will not work correctly, if not at all. Here's a screenshot: I recommend that you use a working browser if you're running Windows 95 such as the latest version of Retrozilla.
  26. Taskbar bug?

The glitches with the old Aero Glass for Windows 8.1 have been brought up a couple times here. They can be difficult to reproduce. The questions are, whether a similar fix as in the experimental version for Windows 10 could be applied to Windows 8.1 version and whether @bigmuscle will bother. @rodri4g Can you confirm if they go away if you disable blurring with Aero Glass GUI tool?
  1. Load more activity