Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. BSOD x00000007b during install

I read a little more about the Acer ES1-131. Are you sure that your model has SATA SSD drive? Typically Acer ES1-131 have builtin eMMC memory only, which is incompatible with Windows systems before 8.
  3. BSOD x00000007b during install

I receive the same error after the driver integration.
  4. Today
  5. BSOD x00000007b during install

Can you explain a little more? Do you experience problem with integrating the driver into XP installation image, or receive the same error when installing XP after the driver integration?
  6. BSOD x00000007b during install

It doest work.
  7. BSOD x00000007b during install

Try to integrate this driver into your XP installation image. The NLite is suitable for this task.
  8. More and more every time I look. Most of my Website is dedicated to providing them.
  9. Hi, I'm trying to install xp on Acer ES1-131 without luck becouse of this BSOD. I use USB connected optical drive, and my harddrive is SSD drive. I enabled legacy mode of SATA controller in the BIOS. Is there any chance to install xp on this machine? Please help.
  10. NewMoonXP? It emphasizes New Moon's mission to serve XP, just as TenFourFox serves Mac OS X 10.4 users.
  11. I don't name it, but MCP people named so
  12. Maybe last build of Pale Moon in this month, but it still depends on how many commits they made and how many free/idle time I have for compilation. For Basilisk, it doesn't crash on my XP SP3, will test it on my vanilla XP VM later (but I have no schedule for this as new pokemon game takes all my free time now )
  13. Hi Anonymous, Thank you for your donation of $50.00. We look forward to improving the forums and stay online with your donation. Thanks MSFN
  14. Yesterday
  15. I happen to like 'New Moon' as the name and hope it will stay that way. It just seems fitting. A New Moon every month till we get to see another wonderful Full Moon ... Google search "The new moon is the phase that is invisible to us here on Earth because the moon is between the earth and the sun, and its illuminated side is facing away from us. The new moon marks the beginning of the lunar cycle, the movement of the moon through its different phases." ...
  16. Or even... Lunar Lifeline .
  17. Win9x is one big workaround anyways, if you really think about it So were programs such as DOS4GW.
  18. Searching for a few utilities

For battery I found something crude, but it's better than nothing: http://exodusdev.com/products/monitor-win32-power-management-events As for Screen brightness adjuster and maybe color, you've tried PowerStrip?
  19. Please don't name the browser after a demon... How about Nova Luna ? (New Moon in Latin)
  20. Good suggestion! I agree that one is a useful addition to my shortlist of must-have HotFixes above. And here's some good info on it (beyond MS's KB922120), at Linksys: KB922120 @FranceBB and @Vistaboy: @heinoganda's trick also applies to ITA HotFixes! Do try: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/hotfix/kbhotfix?kbnum=922120&kbln=it-IT
  21. I have installed HotFix 959765 NdisUSB and 2828030 AudioUSB. I've noticed that before installing I had the versions: usbport.sys 6437, usbehci.sys 5778, usbuhci.sys 5512 After installing them: usbport.sys 6437, usbehci.sys 6368, usbuhci.sys 6368 The usbport.sys version was larger than the hotfix 6368 version even before installing it.
  22. @roytam1 Thank you for your dedication in updating Pale Moon on a regular basis. Is today's build the last to be called "Pale Moon"?
  23. Yes. But it one more workaround that will be needed. That is why I said "one more step" instead of "the end is near".
  24. Nutrynion, Did you make a theme atlas or the whole theme? And are you sharing? It's looking good from what I can tell. -DW
  25. Well, not quite. Incubus is purported to be a type of demon, while the Basilisk is purported to be the king of serpents, sometimes considered to be a demonic being, too... and, of cousrse, the band's name has the same origin.
  26. Pretty much sure . Ms is pretty much in pressure to kill XP and trying for more than 2years.
  27. I suggest you rename it "Incubus", because it screws MS, while it dreams of getting rid of XP...
  28. Searching for a few utilities

For the battery monitor: NHC Notebook Hardware Control / Centrino Hardware Control - i don't remember if the older versions run over windows 9x http://www.pbus-167.com/ For the screensaver: nero burning rom Vulcano (opengl) ftp://ftp4.nero.com/vulcano.exe http://www.chip.de/downloads/Nero-Burning-Rom-Screensaver_13010136.html
  1. Load more activity