Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yes easily unofficial patches can be made. After that some hard work will be required.
  3. Anybody knows why KB4039111 is no longer in the catalog?
  4. List of Web Browsers Working with XP 2017

No issues either with xp x64 and ublock origin. Try to disable that vpn if it solve
  5. Last Versions of Software for Windows 2000

Hi. CCleaner 5.35 needs XP compatible settings :3
  6. Microsoft released new Insider build of Windows 10.... I have tested it , more craps are added with more bloatware.. When Microsoft will listen to its customer ?

here their major improvements but where is performance improvements ... I am wondering how many days these things will go on.  When Microsoft will wake up?

We fixed an issue resulting in the Facebook Messenger app failing to accept the enter key when sending messaging in recent flights.

We fixed an issue where the “New” text displayed under the names of newly installed apps in Start wouldn’t go away after launching the app.

We fixed an issue where using the letters in Start to jump to different locations in the alphabet wasn’t consistently working in the last few flights.

We fixed an issue where local app search in Cortana failed to return the expected app if the user profile directory contained non-ASCII characters.

We fixed an issue where pressing WIN + X would sometimes not show the accelerator key underlines.

We fixed an issue where when the People button was present in taskbar, and toast-only banners (for example from ******* 2016) were sent, the Action Center badge counter would become inaccurate.

We fixed a bug from recent flights where upon unlock you’d be bombarded with any notifications that occurred while your PC was locked. If you’d like to review notifications received while your PC was locked, they can be found in the Action Center

1. AnX

AnX

If that's all they've "fixed" in Windows 10, then I can assure you that MS no longer cares for its users.

2. Dibya

Dibya

Yes they are no more caring for us. 

7. Windows XP - Deepest Impressions

Sure why not. I am trying to fix webgl. Lots of codes are changed so i am trying fix webgl. I want to make prime time and widevine as pre installed plugins.
  8. Windows NT 4.0 api wrapper

Glad to see the project is still alive
  9. List of Web Browsers Working with XP 2017

I use ublock origin as well. no problems here, so probably not that. I am on x86 though, that may make a difference.
  10. List of Web Browsers Working with XP 2017

I've got uBlock Origin and Betternet VPN installed on Advanced Chrome. I use these same plugins on vanilla Chrome and have no issues doing so. EDIT: Does anyone else using Advanced Chrome have XP64? No clue if that might be affecting this, or how.
  11. i suppose you could just directly upgrade to 9 but if you want you could uninstall it, yes
  12. Yesterday
  13. Antivirus for xp?

bitdefender free maybe? superantispyware?
  14. i have 7.1 version installed as i assumed that was the latest version for Windows 98. I will try to install Version9. Do you guy recommend i uninstall 7 first?
  15. Antivirus for xp?

thank you all for your input. greatly appreciated.
  16. Thanks everyone just donated now waiting for the email:) One more thing after installing aero glass do I have to do something else to make my window glass like transparent? I have seen uxtheme patcher what's that for?
  17. Windows XP - Deepest Impressions

@Dibya Once you've released your compiled Firefox 55 build, I'd like to mirror it in my XP end of life directory. I am trying to keep this directory specifically for the most recent version of software available for XP.
  18. Adobe to Pull Plug on Flash

So for HTML5 video, 2K needs to be upgraded enough to use the XP Firefox solution. Makes sense, Thanks @Tommy!
  19. Rename File With Current Date? (Batch File?

I am always use Batch Rename Files Tool that allows you to quickly rename all the files in a specified directory. You can easily found hier BatchRenameFiles.org.
  20. Simple XP 32BIT 64Gb RAM (true Pae) Guide

Seriously, it seems like you want *someone else* to help you fix your issue BUT you do not provide the basic info needed and asked for. Not necessarily the info asked for will actually be enough to get this kind of assistance, let alone guarantee a success, but surely without this info NOONE (among those actually capable of providing meaningful assistance) will be able to provide that. All you will get this way will be either nothing or half-botched suggestions by clueless people. Standard Litany, please: https://web.archive.org/web/20160604095422/http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/problem-report-standard-litany.html jaclaz
  21. Antivirus for xp?

I use clamwin on all my computers. Very lightweight, but no real time scanning.
  22. List of Web Browsers Working with XP 2017

Advanced Chrome is perfectly stable on both of my computers that i have it on. @TrevMUNPerhaps you are using some weird and buggy add-on?
  23. Hey Folks: On Windows 8.1, there is the /resetbase switch that was designed to remove all older replaced components in the WinSxS folder. Windows 8 cannot do this. Now I tried DISM++ (sorta like Ccleaner) which can do this for the component store, but only if you have Windows 8.1 or higher. Does anyone know of a tool or method that CAN reset the base components to the latest installed? on Windows 8?
  24. Adobe to Pull Plug on Flash

On Windows 10 mobile, for example, you cannot play Flash games from within the browser, however, you can download many of them from the store - which means getting some web wrapper and playing them from within the app. Dunno how this works. Besides, I'm observing some things retro gaming/ emulation scene, and I have no doubt that someone is working to preserve flash games. Many of them were single player, so you can run them from local drives, so for this keeping older browser for this purpose +some internet archive would be enough.
  25. Simple XP 32BIT 64Gb RAM (true Pae) Guide

Seriously don't be a joke, i'm serious i want to fix my issue.
  26. What should I install?

Hi roytam1, thanks for your reply. I still have IE 5.0 installed (cause I always use Firefox). So I need to install IE 6 and a hotfix. Where can I find this hotfix on microsoft.com? Can you please give me the correct link?
  1. Load more activity