Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Well, not quite. Incubus is purported to be a type of demon, while the Basilisk is purported to be the king of serpents, sometimes considered to be a demonic being, too... and, of cousrse, the band's name has the same origin.
  3. Pretty much sure . Ms is pretty much in pressure to kill XP and trying for more than 2years.
  4. I suggest you rename it "Incubus", because it screws MS's while it dreams of getting rid of XP...
  5. Today
  6. Searching for a few utilities

For the battery monitor: NHC Notebook Hardware Control / Centrino Hardware Control - i don't remember if the older versions run over windows 9x http://www.pbus-167.com/ For the screensaver: nero burning rom Vulcano (opengl) ftp://ftp4.nero.com/vulcano.exe http://www.chip.de/downloads/Nero-Burning-Rom-Screensaver_13010136.html
  7. A tip for the unofficial updates that are no longer findable, directly paste the following link in the address bar and insert the required KB number. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hotfix/kbhotfix?kbnum=KB NUMBER&kbln=en-US An example for KB916157: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hotfix/kbhotfix?kbnum=916157&kbln=en-US
  8. Firefox Quantum

I am seeing screen tearing when scrolling on pages, such as if I am fast enough in scrolling the page isn't rendered and the lower part of my browser window will be all black. I cannot get a screenshot of this behaviour. PS: I see the Noscript icon appears all by itself and so I guess all is well (so far) with this browser.
  9. No MSFN forums with Opera Presto engine

Yes you just have to change your browser's user agent. It doesn't always work tho, because some websites will then use tricks or methods specifically for that other type of device, and any such tricks obviously won't work on the wrong browser. It is worth a shot tho!
  10. Hi Schwups. It seems that we are the only one interested in this. Anyway, i would have found a workaround, using the opera content block. But i'm just not 100% sure if, for the board rules, i'm allowed to write it here. I ask permission to admin before. Can i report it? Thanks
  11. POSReady 2009 updates ported to Windows XP SP3 ENU

Not to a graphic card, but to a specific motherboard chipset.
  12. Searching for a few utilities

Does anyone know where I could find... A third party battery meter - something similar to this. The program does not properly work on ME after changing a setting. Screen brightness adjuster and maybe color as well - Windows ME lacks one A decent office utility (besides Openoffice, something more modern) Modern PDF reader Third party screensavers - Just for fun; I wanna show to my peers that Windows ME is never truly obsolete Thank you!
  13. Can't CSM be emulated in bootx64.efi kinda like PLOP boot manager?
  14. No MSFN forums with Opera Presto engine

Isn't there a way to spoof the browser into fooling the webpage thinking the browser is a phone? I don't like the thought of viewing web pages using the mobile version but it maybe the only choice now.
  15. The hotfix suggested are really worth thanks, maybe only the first one (KB948101v3) can be avoided cause it's only related to a specific MBchip (credit @Yellow Horrow). KB948101 - A USB keyboard does not work after you restart a Windows XP-based computer that has an NVIDIA 680i motherboard installed I would add this one KB922120v6 to see XP system in W7/8/10 net KB922120 - Network Map in Windows Vista does not display computers that are running Windows XP A great resource to retrieve hotfix, as support.microsoft often removes that files, is here (you can use search tab to find anything in any language)
  16. I don't know. As much hope as I would like to have that we'll always have aero glass it seems to be fading. I'm getting used to just not having it however I still create my own theme and make it as much as rounded as possible with attention to detail and soothing aesthetics. I purchased WSB and extracted nearly every element from Sagorpirbd's 7 theme on Deviantart. Insert them into the Default Windows 10 Aero theme, extracted a few parts for the rounded corners (top/bottom) and voila. At least for me I like it. Then for the icons, I simply replaced the default Windows 10 imagres.dll with the Windows 7 imageres.dll and that was that. I still like those icons. It would be nice to have the aero glass but it is getting to be quite the pain. The one thing I have found you have to be careful of otherwise you will either not be able to load windows from logon or it will be black is that you have to pay extremely close attention to DPI values. Every element must be compatible with each level of dpi at least up to 250%. In terms of Aero glass, perhaps that may also be where some users are encountering issues, depending on DPI settings. I'll share a screen shot with as much in it I can to show.
  17. Hello everyone! I believe this might be my first or 2nd/3rd time posting here, but I was here since Windows 10 beta stage (then switched back to W7) for 2 years. Recently I'm back in W10 and tried to use the installer only to find out it didn't work because of MS and the new update. I tried the instructions joeberardis talked about but it didn't work for me at all. (replacing the .dll, download the zip, uninstall, use the scheduler as admin) I'm wondering if someone can be kind enough to walk me through the entire process with the files once more. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, as I've tried to follow every step, including deleting aeroglass from my regedit. Also I will like to get that Noel's theme if possible. Can someone be kind enough to give me a hand? Thank you.
  18. basilisk/moebius new build for XP! Test binary: Win32 http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/basilisk-55.0.0a1.win32-git-20171121-2c7948df3-xpmod.7z Win64 http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/basilisk-55.0.0a1.win64-git-20171121-2c7948df3-xpmod.7z diff: http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/moebius_restoreXP_20171113.7z source patch of ffvpx H264/HEVC/AAC/MP3 Addition: http://o.rthost.cf/gpc/files1.rt/moebius-ffvpx-h264-aac-hevc-mp3-addition.7z Official repo changes since my last build: - DevTools - gcli - screenshot - the vertical mode (822529aa6) - Merge pull request #166 from janekptacijarabaci/devtools_gcli_screenshot_1 (5810a403b) - DevTools - network - Copy as cURL (POST) (9036828c0) - CSP 3 - support for "worker-src" (973cea24f) - Don't enforce the arbitrary cipher suite profile. (a7b697388) - Fix freetype glyph metrics. (d092a1fe8) - Merge pull request #167 from janekptacijarabaci/devtools_network_curl_2 (12f836eaa) - The profile - resetting (doesn't work) (44386a127) - The profile - resetting - follow up (6b1e15959) - Ensure we process FIN flags on all-padding final frames. (42a21e0d4) - DOM - nsIContentPolicy - context (document) (3aae057a9) - Merge pull request #187 from janekptacijarabaci/dom_nsContentPolicy_context_1 (b642577f6) - Merge pull request #184 from janekptacijarabaci/profile_refresh_migrate_1 (37c004cb9) - Merge pull request #186 from JustOff/PR_Http2Session_FIN (8e4a08278) - Merge pull request #169 from janekptacijarabaci/csp_worker-src_1 (f4dc53287) - HTML - table - editor (contenteditable) (30ebac5c2) - Add more NS_BUILD_REFCNT_LOGGING in AtomicRefCountedWithFinalize. (a80fdd244) - DOM - PointerEvent - improvements (1755f4f75) - DOM - PointerEvent - improvements (tests / marionette) (2e70a3c51) - Implement "cookie-averse document objects". (da172983f) - Merge pull request #195 from janekptacijarabaci/dom_PointerEvent_improvements_1 (30b1721f3) - Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/moebius (1ea04c544) - Merge pull request #191 from janekptacijarabaci/html_table_editor_contenteditable_1 (599676a6a) - Hard-code the version number for Mozilla's version checker for add-ons. (bd9692aeb) - Hard-code the version number for Mozilla's GMP service. (2d4d09315) - Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/MoonchildProductions/moebius (2c7948df3)
  19. New Build! 32bit https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.7.0a2.win32-git-20171121-e15e1197a-xpmod.7z 64bit https://o.rthost.cf/palemoon/palemoon-27.7.0a2.win64-git-20171121-e15e1197a-xpmod.7z Official repo changes since my last build: - [minor fix] Build - warnings (a49558e42) - DevTools - gcli - screenshot - the vertical mode (2b66fccbe) - Merge pull request #1465 from janekptacijarabaci/build_warnings_1 (917c86ca6) - Merge pull request #1467 from janekptacijarabaci/devtools_gcli_screenshot_1 (1ce42d280) - DevTools - network - Copy as cURL (POST) (cbc57c6c5) - Potential fix for missing locate_t on Mac OSX. (468257cac) - Fix Linux loading throbber to be properly encoded. (2b5597ff5) - Make sure the PNG set-option function is available. (abd5fc481) - Force a larger zlib inflate window. (623d24cdb) - Merge pull request #1473 from MoonchildProductions/osx-fix-1 (56b2a7318) - Change nsIDocumentLoaderFactory and nsIURIContentListener to take MIME types as an XPCOM string, not a char* (5952adeef) - Refactor nsContentDLF (83098db20) - Add text/json and text/vtt as text MIME types (2b145a4ed) - Merge pull request #1478 from JustOff/PR_char_nsACString (10f08b259) - Profiles - the refresh - migrate (7a6b077e4) - Merge pull request #1479 from JustOff/PR_add_text_json_vtt (d875128c0) - Merge pull request #1472 from janekptacijarabaci/devtools_network_curl_2 (aa9d16c92) - Profiles - the refresh - migrate (passwords) (c40ee8c60) - Remove the "ask every time" policy for acceptance of cookies. (b243a16d7) - Profiles - the refresh - migrate - improvements (a6f83d31d) - Merge pull request #1481 from janekptacijarabaci/profile_refresh_migrate_1 (db9f8a174) - Implement X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff. (2f965ebf1) - Handle custom URLs and add "My home page" for the New Tab URL. (aff0e2bf9) - Merge pull request #1484 from MoonchildProductions/newtaburl-enh1 (ea66708b4) - Merge pull request #1483 from JustOff/PR_XCTO_nosniff (fae3ec362) - Define Ci before using it. (ccbd72d00) - Implement "cookie-averse document objects". (1ccbaeb2c) - Expose cookieBehavior and cookieLifetimePolicy preference variants from nsICookieService. (e15e1197a)
  20. +1. It's too bad we cannot. It's worse than FF Quantum (we've still got FF esr for half next year if not more and hopefully will remain having New Moon at least until POSReady 2009 EoS, if not longer), however, because we cannot forsake MSFN.
  21. @glnz @dencorso The funny thing is that I don't even like to post references with that box thing (which, as I just discovered, is an iframe - ugh...), but since pasting a post link gets automatically converted to it, I just don't bother to change it every time, as the Link tool in the editor has its own idiosyncracies (at least in my case it forgets the clipboard contents, so I always have to go back and copy my text/URL again after having opened it - pretty annoying ). I really wish we could use BBCode here.
  22. If you have the same Compatibility Pack installed, you can and should apply the same updates on both machines. The system may be 64-bit but Office and the Compatibility Pack would still be 32-bit. Also, what @dencorso already told you:
  23. Printer Software for HP Deskjet

Generic PCL HP driver should work with it, but you won't get any other features other than "basic printing" if it has any other features.
  24. View->Style->Manage Modes... Uncheck Page style sheet Page should appear, but without any formatting. Using Opera 10.63, I saved the complete webpage as type .mht (mime-encoded html, like an email with attachments). The string "html{content:'ipsfocus42-november1';}" is from file: http://www.msfn.org/board/uploads/css_built_39/258adbb6e4f3e83cd3b355f84e3fa002_custom.css.10dc6ff2c45a645d7d18ddc234ce91e8.css?v=90cbeee145 Modified: Thursday, November 09, 2017 3:40:02 AM Size: 179 KB If xper can't fix the file, perhaps we can craft a custom style sheet and have Opera apply it to the site.
  25. Printer Software for HP Deskjet

HP printer utilities for previous 9x-compatible printers might work with the D4260 once drivers are installed. (I have the Deskjet 656c utilities installed on this very 98se system I'm posting from.) However, unless you are reporting that the W2K drivers did install on 98se and allow you to print at least a test page, then you already provided the answer to the underlying question: "...it's not compatible with 98SE." Minimum system requirements are a 128MB Pentium II with Windows 2000. All that said, if you are interested in creating a 9x driver/software pack for the D4260 you can try updating the last one from HP with driver files for the D4260 (and maybe wdmstub or wdmex).
  26. Yesterday
  27. Printer Software for HP Deskjet

Hmmm. You must have a sorta of obsession with that particolar make/model jaclaz
  28. Latest DivX codec for Windows 95C

VobSub 2.23 itself should run on 95, but might require a later version of DirectSound than you have installed. What versions of VobSub and DirectSound have your tried? And what exactly do you mean by "works under Win 95C"?
  1. Load more activity