Windows Live Messenger 9

ajua

Picking up where Shark007 left, i wrote a little tutorial to modify the original msi installer. A spanish version is also available.

This works with the latest version: 14.0.8064.0206.

You can get the direct links to download the full Windows Live Installer in different languages here.

The tutorial is in RTF format and the ZIP file includes two tables that you need to import using Orca or other authoring apps.

Update: The tutorial now includes instructions to prevent WLM from not showing an uninstall entry.

I have made switchless installers for English and Spanish, and the required components. You can use them to replace your patched files as well, you just need to extract the Messenger installer with 7-Zip or WinRAR to a folder and replace the files.

Note: If you want to use my switchless installers, make sure you install WLM9 Requisites Switchless as well. Otherwise, it won't work.

You can download them here.

Note: SVCPACK compatibility is not tested.

wlm9tutorial.zip

Edited by elajua

elajua, thank you very much for taking on yet another one of my projects.

As many msfn users already know, my health isnt the greatest

and keeping up on the assistance I offer on these forums is increasingly difficult for me.

Thanks to elajua, a new, updated Messenger tutorial is available to all msfn users. :thumbup

shark

Edited by Shark007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This doesnt seem to work.

I installed the final today (Dutch language finally).

But the .cache map doesnt exist

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live, that map is made by the installer but it does not put anything in there.

This doesnt seem to work.

I installed the final today (Dutch language finally).

But the .cache map doesnt exist

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live, that map is made by the installer but it does not put anything in there.

Just make sure to uncheck the box that hides system files in folder options in Windows Explorer. Also, you need to uncheck the one that says Show hidden files and folders.

I will update the tutorial, links to the full installers and a new set of switchless installers will be done tomorrow.

Edited by elajua

Thanks for this, I haven't tested but I'm waiting for the final version so that I can format pc all at once :).. may i ask if it install those crap toolbars and unnecessary stuff? or just the program alone?

Just the program and the required components. NO toolbars.