help my friend installed IE8 beta 2 i uninstalled it now event logg er

hydroplant

help please i uninstalled it as i don't use beta stuff he took the liberty of installing it on both my computers now i get these event log errors on both my computers how do i fix this. listed are the errors. these repeat numerous times help how do i fix is the only fix to reinstall beta 2 :( there is one more error just like this but it has not reproduced it. its another dllname. just different key thing. if i need to reinstall the beta i will do but want to avoid it at all cost lol i hate beta stuff.

Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

other information

category none

event id 1041

file name userenv.dll

file version 5.1.2600.5512

source Userenv

type error

Windows XPSP3 is what i run sorry forgot that info

Edited by hydroplant

well i reinstalled it and then uninstalled it agin thinking maybe this will fix it no go someone help please how do i fix this i searched those keys in registry and they are empty links in there please help me how do i fix :( just keep IE8 beta installed is that my only option :(. note the other one reaper its just a repeat of these ones they come in groups of 4 help please.

Edited by hydroplant

If you open the event ID error in the event log, the text of it should say something along the lines of failed to load dllname with <GUID> (where GUID will be a long string). The GUID will tell which dll is not registered or installed properly.

i just talked to Microsoft and they told me this error is just because it is trying to load IE8 stuff and there not there now he remote connected and told me as long as it doesn't pop up on my computer is nothing to worry about. so i guess its ok to just leave it there. not much i can do about it he said unless i want to put IE8 back on. i will wate till dec as that is when he said full version should be out it's there target date.

anyone out there know the draw back of me deleting these keys in the registry that the error points too. i know the Microsoft tech guy told me it was nothing to worry about but i would rather not see this error in my event logger lol. if anyone has a idea on what i could do besides a reinstall of IE8 beta2 let me know.

Edited by hydroplant

• 2 weeks later...

I hate this s*** the error that Microsoft tech told me to leave is filing up my dang event logger i have to clear it daily should i just reinstall that beta how stable is it?? i never used it just seen it and uninstalled it. thanks all and that is the only info i have on the error it's just some stupid empty key that points to GP extension.