Dropping network connection

unabatedshagie

I'm running build 7100 on an ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard and I'm having problems with my network connection dropping between my computer and router (It's a Sagem F@ST 2504)

I've been having this problem with every build since 7000.

I have the latest nVidia drivers for my motherboard (nForce Driver Version 15.25 release on March 16th) but the problem exists with or without them.

I have tried a different router, same problem. I have tried both Ethernet connections on my motherboard, same problem.

I thought it was only happening at random times but after a little investigation it seems to consistently happen whenever I update my podcasts in iTunes or when I'm downloading something in uTorrent. It does occasionally happen when I'm surfing the net with both those programs closed though.

I'm assuming it's not an issue with my ISP because even when my computer looses connection I can still access the internet with my iPhone, PS3 and XBox 360 though the router.

The only way I can temporarily solve the problem is to open the network and sharing center and run the troubleshooter by clicking on the little yellow triangle which resets the connection between my computer and router.

Can anyone suggest anything I might be able to try to solve this because it's getting real tiresome resetting my network connection 10+ times a day.

I have tried a different router, same problem. I have tried both Ethernet connections on my motherboard, same problem.
Have you ruled out a faulty Ethernet cable? Prior to installing Windows 7, what operating system did you have installed (if any) and did you have a similar problem?
I thought it was only happening at random times but after a little investigation it seems to consistently happen whenever I update my podcasts in iTunes or when I'm downloading something in uTorrent. It does occasionally happen when I'm surfing the net with both those programs closed though.
At first glance, it would seem to me that your half-open TCP connections are getting maxed out, but after doing some further reading, it seems that the connection limit has been removed from Windows 7, though, I can't be too sure of this (can someone confirm?).

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having this issue, though very rarely. I noticed it happens when I remote connect from the affected pc to my whs and remove/delete a bunch of downloads off uTorrent at once. Very annoying. I'm using Cisco Network Magic and it troubleshoots the issue faster than W7 so no biggie.

ASUS STRIKER II EXTREME

CISCO (LINKSYS) WRT610N ROUTER

Have any of you (especially Fabric) install nvidia NAM or nvidia drivers for ethernet?

EDIT: Removed nvidia network access manager and it seems to be running fine now.

Edited by razormoon

only thing I installed were drivers.. Sata and Ethernet, no monitor or so

the issue is definately in windows 7, tried torrents maxing my line (100/100) never a problem really.. but with ssl ALWAYS trouble

I rarely use torrents.. usenet is my thing, if I was downloading at 10 MB/s the network would crash almost instantly (SSL)

sometimes it would last a couple of minutes, if I then started IE or winamp (Shoutcast), it would crash and not work properly again without restarting the NIC

I guess the nForce 15.35 could be at fault, but had some major network-issues with my laptop as well and the nic is an Intel WiFi Link 5300, same symptoms: high-speed ssl breaks connection

on my laptop I got both VistaSP2x64 and Win7x64 (7201) when using Vista everything is rocksolid at 300mbit no matter what traffic I use, in Win7 something was wrong lost internet from time to time

dont really know if the problem is there still.. ah well Its still in developement so :unsure:

You can try disabling the Link Layer Topology Mapper and Scanner options for the NIC to see if that improves anything. If you decide to do this, I recommend you do it with Group Policy, as unchecking the boxes on the NIC do not always disable that feature.