Image Resizer PowerToy for Windows Server 2003

wl6538

Hi all,

Sorry for a long post about a minor issue of mine

This is the first time I am here, I think the MSFN's guide on how to use W2K3 as workstation is great. Anyway I am trying to upgrade my net server to W2k3, I am using WinXP at the moment.

I was trying to get the nice little powertoys for XP to install on 2003 (actually I only want HTML slide show generator and Image resizer) but they all refuse to install, saing I am using wrong OS....

I then got HTML slide shoe generator working by just running its exe. But I chouldn't figure out how to use "phototoy.dll" as rundll32 didn't do much (the dll use by Image Resizer)

I think something's up in the installer script, so I downloaded WiX (first microsoft opensource project! it is for compiling / decompiling MSI installer packages) and took a look at Image Resizer's install script, it turned out it has the OS version limit hard coded (501) so I changed it to 502 (I guess that's win 2003) and re-compile, and finally I got it to work/install in w2k3.

I put my "hacked" msi installer here in a rar file

Wayne

Edited by Yzöwl
Attachment Removed, (non-reditributable files)

I think something's up in the installer script, so I downloaded WiX (first microsoft opensource project! it is for compiling / decompiling MSI installer packages) and took a look at Image Resizer's install script, it turned out it has the OS version limit hard coded (501) so I changed it to 502 (I guess that's win 2003) and re-compile, and finally I got it to work/install in w2k3.

That's an awesome idea, why didn't I think about doing that? I've ran into situation where I've needed to do something similar in the past. Thanks for the info! :rolleyes:

And good job figuring this out. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I really need ImageResizer for Windows 2000 Pro ! Can anyone help me? I tried changing the number in the MSI file to 500, it installs but theres no Resize Image text when I rightclick an image.......

• 2 years later...

It should create a folder call WINDOWS on your C Drive, navigate the folders and grab the DLLs and find the similar named folders in WINNT and drop them in there. I dont know if you have to register the DLL's with RegServer, I am assuming so.

I really need ImageResizer for Windows 2000 Pro ! Can anyone help me? I tried changing the number in the MSI file to 500, it installs but theres no Resize Image text when I rightclick an image.......

• 2 years later...

finally this Powertoy is working on Server 2003!

Btw.. i'm new to this site... hello people. Our environment consists of 32 and 64 bit servers.

Is there any chance to get this working on Windows 2003 x64??

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry for a long post about a minor issue of mine

This is the first time I am here, I think the MSFN's guide on how to use W2K3 as workstation is great. Anyway I am trying to upgrade my net server to W2k3, I am using WinXP at the moment.

I was trying to get the nice little powertoys for XP to install on 2003 (actually I only want HTML slide show generator and Image resizer) but they all refuse to install, saing I am using wrong OS....

I then got HTML slide shoe generator working by just running its exe. But I chouldn't figure out how to use "phototoy.dll" as rundll32 didn't do much (the dll use by Image Resizer)

I put my "hacked" msi installer here in a rar file

Wayne

Hi! Thanks for this file it works perfectly for Win2003 x32 but doesn't works on x64 systems.

Have you any idea to resolve this problem???