TimeZone setting to GMT.

Heya guys. Maybe someone can help me here (I'm pulling my hair out)!

This is my WINNT.SIF file:

; MSA WINNT.SIF Setup File.[Data]AutoPartition="0"MsDosInitiated="0"UnattendedInstall="Yes"
[unattended]UnattendMode=ProvideDefaultOemSkipEula=YesOemPreinstall=YesTargetPath=\WINDOWSRepartition=NoUnattendSwitch="yes"WaitForReboot="No"OemPnPDriversPath="MSA\Drivers\004\nvidia"DriverSigningPolicy=IgnoreNoWaitAfterTextMode=1NoWaitAfterGuiMode=1Hibernation=0DisableDynamicUpdates=Yes
[GuiUnattended]OemSkipWelcome=1TimeZone=260
[Display]BitsPerPel=32Vrefresh=60Xresolution=1280Yresolution=1024
[userData]ProductKey=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxOrgName="Mantra Software Australia"
[identification]JoinWorkgroup=MANTRASOFTWARE
[shell]CustomDefaultThemeFile="%windir%\Resources\Themes\Slate XP.theme"

Once Windows has finished installing, the timezone is set to GMT... now, in theory, the TimeZone=260 should set the timezone to GMT+10. I have the regional settings page display during setup so I can make sure Windows installs English(Australia) settings and it doesn't show the timezone setting page, so can anyone explain why it's not setting the correct timezone?

****. I don't want it to be fully unattended. :) I need to be able to enter a registered user and an administrator password (at the least).

Edit: Here's an interesting piece of information from the ref.chm file...

If the entry is not present, the end user must select a time zone. 
If you do not configure a specific time zone setting, the default time zone depends on the language version of Windows that is installed. For example, in the Japanese version, the default time zone is "GMT+9 (Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo)."

So how do you get it to ask the end user? I have removed TimeZone=260 from the winnt.sif file but it still doesn't ask me. I'd be happy if it did.

Well after trying almost everything, I've given up. I guess I can't do my semi-unattended CD. I need it to specify the timezone correctly and without it, my CD is useless.

Even when UnattendedMode=GuiAttended the timezone setting page doesn't come up... Go figure... :)

Edit: I might try hacking the registry hives to find out if I can specify GMT+10 as the default for english installs.

I am using the following Australian settings in my winnt.sif file and it works:

[RegionalSettings]

; Regional Settings set to Australia, Input locales to Australia and IME to US.

LanguageGroup=1

Language=00000c09

InputLocale=00000c09

SystemLocale=00000C09

UserLocale=00000C09

Does that set the timezone correctly?

I've tried that but I find it installs the language bar and the english(Australia) and engllish(United States) keyboard layouts.

Edit: If you specify Language=00000c09 you don't need InputLocale, SystemLocale and UserLocale. Setup will ignore those entries if they exist.

Here are the old settings I used to use in my winnt.sif file:

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

SystemLocale=00000c09

UserLocale=00000c09

InputLocale=0c09:00000409

I can't remeber what this change in the InputLocale line did. Hey try it!

I have one more thought, try adding the following two lines to your GUIUnattended section in the winnt.sif file:

[GuiUnattended]

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=255

My one looks like this:

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=***

AutoLogon=Yes

AutoLogonCount=99 ;changed from 1

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=255

OemSkipWelcome=1

Only problem with that is that 255 is not the timezone for AEST (260 is) and by skipping the regional settings page, it installs the 2 keyboard layouts, language bar and sets the location to United States.

In theory, setup should show me the Regional Settings page, which it does and then should show me the Time Zone page which it doesn't. :S

Edit: According to ref.chm if you don't have TimeZone=260 in your unattended file, it should prompt the user for their timezone but it doesn't. It automatically sets GMT time.

Here is an amusing little quirk:

If you use Language=00000c09 in your unattended without the UserLocale, InputLocale or SystemLocale, it will set your location to Australia...

But if you use all 4 or just UserLocale, InputLocale and SystemLocale it will set your location to United States.

Just waiting to see the result of this install. Will update.

Edit: Nup. at least it sets my location to Australia... still GMT time though. I'm running out of ideas now.

Microsoft Technet refers to the following documents:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen....asp?frame=true

and

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen....asp?frame=true

[RegionalSettings]

Language="locale ID"LanguageGroup="language group ID","language group ID"…

SystemLocale="locale ID"UserLocale="locale ID"InputLocale="locale ID:keyboard layout ID", "locale ID:keyboard layout ID", …

UserLocale_DefaultUser="locale ID"

InputLocale_DefaultUser="locale ID:keyboard layout ID", …

See if you can make something from this.

Now, how come this doesn't happen!!!

If the TimeZone key is not present in Unattend.txt, the user is prompted for a time zone during setup.

Edit: I wish there was an easier way to test this thing rather than having to reinstall in VMWare.... :)

This is covered in the first link I gave you.

"If you specify OemPreinstall=Yes in the [unattended] section of your answer file, you may want to add OemSkipRegional=1 to the [GuiUnattended] section to ensure that setup does not prompt the user for regional information during GUI-mode setup."