J2SE 5.0 has gone final

RyanVM

Just letting you guys know, Java2 Runtime Environment 5.0 has officially left the beta stages and gone final! You can download it from http://java.sun.com/. The same unattended switches that applied to 1.4.2 apply to 5.0.

I'll have a 7zip switchless installer up in a bit and I'll edit this post when it's ready.

EDIT: I've created one, testing it in VirtualPC now.

EDIT2: It works B). The switches hardcoded into this installer are:

/qb-! ADDLOCAL=ADD IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0

It will pop up an extraction dialog box and an installation progress bar (with no cancel button). It installs all components, except for the autoupdate function. Yes, it supports multiple languages by default.

http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/ (9.01MB)

Once again, this EXE does not require any switches. Just call it from your batch file or RunOnceEx or whatever you use.

XtremeMaC, yes. This is how you need to install it so that opera picks up the JVM - just install the JVM first, then opera - opera will automatically detect and tie itself into the JVM upon first-run.

RyanVM, yes the netscape-related files/java-plugin are what opera uses as well. BTW, though this new version is good news, it beats me where to get the J2RE 1.5 from! Their home-page still lists the latest Java run-times as 1.4.2-05. And the J2SE is probably what gave this run-time.... but yeah, I'd wait till it (JVM 1.5) gets officially announced!

XtremeMaC, yes. This is how you need to install it so that opera picks up the JVM - just install the JVM first, then opera - opera will automatically detect and tie itself into the JVM upon first-run.

RyanVM, yes the netscape-related files/java-plugin are what opera uses as well.

BTW, it figures that it went final only a couple days after you made me make a 1.4.2_05 installer :P

Do you think the .msi method used by another foru  member for 1.42.05 still works here? Worked fine for that version, not sure about this one!

This is basically the same as that, but switchless.

EDIT: And about 1MB smaller.