Alarm Clock for XP?

Astalavista

I haven't ever checked it out, because it was too costly, but there was a component by the name "Alarm Clock" in Windows XP Plus! Pack, Digital Media Edition.

Or, this was a free download:

http://www.vioio.com/mp3alarmclock.htm

Looking for an MP3 computer alarm clock software? This pc program is right for you. Now you can set your favorite MP3 or CD songs as the ring sound.

In attempt to make waking up for a work a more pleasant experience, this program also provides an option of waking to the CD, MP3, audio, video or the MPEG movies. Additional features include Gentle wake, Weekend Sleeper, Auto-Shutdown function, built-in play lists editor...

Hoping this helps...

Googling might help as well - gave 968,000 results here (many of them freeware).

i believe you can make an alarm clock with task manager

I'd be interested in the *HOW* of this.

I believe he meant Task Scheduler, which is simple. I use Task Scheduler to open a flash file (this one here) at predetermined times to wake me up. But you can use a music file, or even a URL to an online music station. Whatever you want.

1) Open Control Panel and double-click on Scheduled Tasks

2) Right-Click anywhere and select New -> Scheduled Task

3) Rename the new task to Alarm Clock (or whatever you want)

4) Now double-click on it to get to the properties page

5) In the RUN dialog, click browse and browse to your media file or .lnk file.

6) Once done, make sure "Enabled" is checkmarked and click Apply, type in your password for Windows when prompted (if you have one)

7) Click on the Schedule tab and set the times/dates you want it to run. I also go into the Advanced setting and have it go off every 10 minutes after that time until either a specified time or for so long then stop.

8) I usually head to the Settings tab at this point and under Power Management I check/uncheck the following settings:

|_| Don't start the task if the computer is running on batteries

|_| Stop the task if battery mode begins

|x| Wake the computer to run this task

There you go. A fully functional alarm clock using Task Scheduler.