Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.0.3.1000

contender

how about installation method?

is it the same method that has that huge post?

i did it so much simple...

localize your installation dir and create an admin install point (/a switch) then overwrite virus definitions with the latest from symantec. compress and silent with /qb switch :)

I'm still a little ticked off symantec still has not replaced liveupdate 2.0 with 2.6 in the setup.  Oh well time to hack the msi again. lol.

I just found out that the liveupdate directory is gone when creating an admin install. It seems symantec deleted the directory and move lusetup to program files\symantec antivirus. This makes replacing liveupdate with the latest version very easy and doesn't waste space. :D

I'm still a little ticked off symantec still has not replaced liveupdate 2.0 with 2.6 in the setup.  Oh well time to hack the msi again. lol.

I just found out that the liveupdate directory is gone when creating an admin install. It seems symantec deleted the directory and move lusetup to program files\symantec antivirus. This makes replacing liveupdate with the latest version very easy and doesn't waste space. :D

I've been doing that since I first started repacking the installer months ago.

I've been doing that since I first started repacking the installer months ago.

Yea but the directory is not there like it used to be and you would have edit the msi if you just wanted lsetup.exe or lusetup.exe in the liveupdate directory without the other files.