Xpize 3.0 Released

iwod

Downloaded, slipstreamed and used installer for installed windows. Great experience. Xpero has really put in a lot of effort. Keep up the good work!!

BTW I don't seem to get along with winrar skinning option. How to get it through? I tried it on Winrar 3.42 installed fresh. But no success.

Thanks!

it messed my computer :\

i used the system restore point thing and everything's fine now

i have turkish windows, if that helps for "debugging"

when the logon screen appears, my windoz restarted a few times. i turned off that "restart when windows encounters an error" thing and then removed 3.0

anyone can help ?

Download here

Don't know we should be happy or sad.... Coz Xpize is released here first in MSFN. But rather in Neowin.  :unsure:

Anyway start testing and slipstreaming  :thumbup

I'm the happiest man on the world...I just try to share my work for you all to enjoy, thats all.

Thanks for spreading the info. Dont have much time to answer questions. This weekend I will be at home, so I will have more time.

Best regards and Royalize your minds.

XPero

@clavicle:

Do you have WinRAR installed in C:\Program files? maybe thats the problem.

@Nanaki:

Sorry, I forgot to give info about the clock. The clock is automatically installed for English and German systems by now. If you want the clock, just select "Enlgish" when the installation prompts to select language.

@radiognome:

hmmm, it doesnt sounds well, I cant tell you an exact solution for this. I've taken note of it, hope this can be solved in next revision.

hallo xpero

i allready wrote a mail to you, but i post here, becouse maybe other users know the problem

ok i want to install xpize silent direct after xp installation

in my modded registry the restore system ist turned off

so if i use XPIZE.EXE /S the silent install hangs messeging "creation of restor point failed" and i have to press ok

it would be great if there is a second switch like /NORESTORE implemented in the setup

if switches for the winrar and themes selection could be implemented it would be really great

maybe like this "XPIZE.EXE /S /RESTORE=0 /WINRAR=1 /THEMES=0 /EXTRAS=1"

thanks

yergling

Hi Xpero

I tried to skin Winrar both in Program files directory and also other location where I usually keep it installed. But if winrar directory is not located in Program Files, as suggested by you, then another problem could also be that my program files directory is a subfolder of the windows directory. So there will certainly be a problem because, perhaps, your installer is rather than using absolute paths is using fixed path for winrar. Am I right. I will work around with full windows and default folder structure to see the effect.

Thanks for the reply. But you must keep the option of manually adding the required directory in the path.

Thanks again! Great work again!

oh if the installer is using fixed path than may it happen, that the installation in c:\program files\ will bi patched, but i am currently working on my second windows in d:\program files\

that would be horrible ?!?

Yes, xpize works to skin Winrar only when winrar is located in the default folder, ie, \program files\winrar. I just installed new windows and ran xpize to skin winrar 3.42 and it worked!!