Protect U're UCD !

Hi`a All ! 1st I Wanna Thank u ALL ! MSFN is AWESOME !!!

Now Let's Get To The Topic ! So ..I've Finalised My UCD And I've Showed It To a Couple Of Friends Of Mine..and They Liked It Very Much..and Wanted It To ..But ...i Don't Trust Them That Much Athough They Are My Friends (Think So ), Anyway I' Ve Thought Of Something To Protect My UCD, Don't Want The All Neighbourhood To Have The Same Copy...So..After Setup Finishes It Will Restart The PC ..Then With The Help Of VBS Script That Will Ask For A Pass, If The Pass Is Wrong Or He Just Closes The Script Execute " shutdown.exe -r -f -t 10 -c "This Win Is Not For U ! " If The Pass Is Correct The VBS Will Remove It's Self From StartUp, And Just In Case Someone Will Think To End The Process From Tsk Mngr, This Will Be Disabled After Setup Finishes..But Know It Get's To The Hard..>How To Do The Script ? This Is Why I've Posted, I Hope That Someone Will Be Willing To Help Me Out,Cause I Really Need U're Help ! 10 x A Lot Guys !

Lol!, The Only Problem Im Afraid Of, Is People Who Are Stealing Credits, I Mean , You Made Something Beautifull And Spended Lot of Time In It...Then THEY Edit Your Name And Put Their Credit On It!

edit: Hmm the admin passw can be displayed by opening winnt.sif? :P

i dont know vbs, but, is it my understanding your NOT giving it to your friends? if so, why dont u just make an admin password? :S

Like i Said "Don't Trust Them" Meaning ..That They Could Copy My CD and Share It With Other PPL...and if i make an admin password that wouldn't help at all..

soulin

Why ? Why wouldn't work ?

I Think It's Easy But i Don't Know VBS...and It Could Be Any Other Scripting Language...Not Only VBS...Only To Do What I've Said ...

kelsenellenelvian

Glad U Like It ! But Know Let's See If We Can Get Some Help.

How Come Easy To Remove ?...It's Like This

It Will Run At Every StartUp Until The Correct Pass Is Entered...Without The Possibility Of Ending The Process From Task Manager...How Could They Break It ? It's Not Meant For Programmers, Just For Simple Users...Initialy I Liked The TGT Soft's Protection ...Based On Hardware...But Changed My Mind Because I Don't Think That Anyone Here Could Do That (No Offense, And More, Specially For Me)

forget about the vbs script, really easy to pass that 'protection' by simply opening the file, OR starting the machine with a livecd and open a remote regedit to remove the startup entry, OR the easiest, after the setup finishes start from DOS and remove the file.

my protection is simple, a rar-sfx archive password protected which contains a text file with all my passwords, some reg files with keys and the file firefox uses to store private data. if correct password (10 digits of numbers, text and symbols) is entered, all the stuff is extracted to its correct location :)

ps: looks like hulk idea is cool and the only weak point i can find is... what if you want to do a manual upgrade? :}

But Is Not About That ! Just Don't Want Of Somebody Else To Have Acces On This UCD !Let Them Look, I'm Sure They Won't Understand NOTHING (Repeat ..Simple Users ) ..And Ies I Thought Of That .."Open The VBS ) ...I'm Going Crazy Here..Trying to Find A Way..and Look Another Ideea..Based on TGT Soft.. :

Can VBS Read SysInfo (HDware Info ) ?

If Yes, Here's It : I Wanna Give This UCD To This Friend ..But Before, i Ask Him The Serial Of His Mother Board, Or Network Card (MAC ) And Based on This I Sett The Pass, When The Script Executes It Check's The Hardaware ID, and If the Hardware ID + Serial = Match = Ok And If Hardware ID + Serial Doesn't Match = Shutdown, or Delete Logonui.exe (Or Someother file ) The Restart

Do I Make Any Sens ?

Forgot to Mention : Include App Timeout ( To Don't Have Time To Search For The Script )

Or More Simple !!!

Just Have The "Thing " Search For A Hardware ID That I Sett And If Not Present ..Abord..The User Get's No 2nd Chance...and If He Decides to Buy himself a New PC or just Replace Some Hardware..I'll Give Him Another Copy...Waiting For U're Reply's !

i'm personally a fan of simple things, a combination of batch files at detached program should be enough. let explain my idea...

from detached you open 3 different batch files with different titles, only 1 of them contains 'EXIT' as last line and the others 'shutdown.exe -r -f -t 0' or 'pskill setup.exe' or something similar. if you don't close the other 2 batches setup will end.

in this example we could open 10 different command windows, only 1 of them correct to increase the fail possibilities :P