Suggestions for a MCE 05 system & hardware?

Hi all

I know this has been touched upon before, but can anyone suggest what they would recommend when building a new PVR MCE 05 PC? Can you submit a list of items you would use, etc. please :)

I'm thinking of making this for use as a replacement to having to use [VHS] tape recorders to record programs etc. - you know the drill I'm sure lol - with both a analogue and a digital recording / watching capability.

Ideally, I would like it to be able to record sky digital - I have a normal Sky Box if this could help here - and a RF analogue signal too. To be specific, UK broadcasts hehe :)

Also, the only output I'd have on this machine would be a normal 21" TV [Toshiba 21S23B2 - Sorry it isnt the best link in the world lol] and I'm wondering can you achive a "nice" picture on this?

I have a Hercules ATI A.I.W. Radeon 9800 SE [the one that you can software mod into a 9800 Pro hehe] if this will help with the system build :D

Pentium 4 or a Athon 64 [939] based system would be fine. I would say Pentium M but the cost of a 2G Pentium M is a little pricey I think.

Ideally, this needs to be a SFF type machine, etc.. as it's a lounge / main room type machine [and there's already enough computers in it hehe] so any help in this area could be well useful.

Many regards to those that can help out here - i'm just stuck regarding the digital / analogue tuners & proper output to the TV really.

Cheers

Nath.

• 4 weeks later...