My Temperatures

Jeremy

SpeedFan.png

I took this screenshot immediately after a game of BF2. I've been talking with PuntoMX who is focused on price:performance ratio with me. I'm currently using stock everything. We've narrowed it down to the three as follows:

Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro

Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5 Rev. 3

HR-05-SLI High Riser Northbridge Chipset Cooler

If you guys have any input, feel free to provide it. Thanks.

Cheers,

Jeremy :hello:

Artic Silver (edit: of course jeremy, I meant cooling; :lol:!) make good products from what I've heard.

The NVsilencer is nice even though personnaly I prefer Zalman fans (the CNPS7700 is quite cheap now and still efficient).

And yeah your temperatures are fine (especially hard disk with just stock). But what the hell is remote to be that hot? Your GPU?

PS: :huh: 7670RPM ! That must sound like an aircraft landing! Wonder why you want new fans

Edited by glocK_94

Artic Silver make good products from what I've heard.

You mean Arctic Cooling, not Silver. ;)

But what the hell is remote to be that hot? Your GPU?

Yup. One minute after playing, it went down 15C.

PS: :huh: 7670RPM ! That must sound like an aircraft landing! Wonder why you want new fans

That would be the chipset fan and its losing its bearing I think because not only does it sound like a miniature aircraft landing, the buzzing sound it now generates is extremely annoying. I cannot wait to replace it with that fanless Thermalright.

Edited by Jeremy

uhhhh.

speedfan is not the most reliable program for this, i'll tell you that now.

try motherboard moniter..to be quite honest, speedfan told me that i had two remote temps, that were both blazing hot, and they actually werent. so i can't say its a reliable program.

although that fan, you may want to replace it very soon, because it could cause sudden death like no other.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...rctic%20Cooling

i see that as the best replacement, partly because as good as fanless systems are, i don't trust the airflow, and also because the way some graphics coolers are made, i don't think it quite does the job effectively, but i wouldn't reject it for a system. i prefer the arctic cooling freezer 64, but the NV Silencer would be just as good when it comes down to keeping the system cool, i just don't like the way the plastic hoods can get hot, and then your just blowing hot air that doesn't go away.

speedfan is not the most reliable program for this, i'll tell you that now.

try motherboard moniter..to be quite honest, speedfan told me that i had two remote temps, that were both blazing hot, and they actually werent. so i can't say its a reliable program.

although that fan, you may want to replace it very soon, because it could cause sudden death like no other.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...rctic%20Cooling

i see that as the best replacement, partly because as good as fanless systems are, i don't trust the airflow, and also because the way some graphics coolers are made, i don't think it quite does the job effectively, but i wouldn't reject it for a system. i prefer the arctic cooling freezer 64, but the NV Silencer would be just as good when it comes down to keeping the system cool, i just don't like the way the plastic hoods can get hot, and then your just blowing hot air that doesn't go away.

What was the last version you used? I find it to be quite accurate. Something does pass 80C in my case, and it is my video card because when I put my hand on it, I can't for more than about 1.5-2.0 seconds because it's so hot.

The NV Silencer is for the video card. The AC 64 Freezer is for the CPU. The Thermalright is for my chipset.

Edited by Jeremy

Apart from that 84° all the other temperatuers look normal, as you mentioned

I took this screenshot immediately after a game of BF2
so these are pretty much full load temperatures.

Look up the maximum temperature for your video card. If it's 90° or something else higher than 84, you're fine.

Your 3.3v is a little low, -12 is quite a bit low, and something is probably wrong with the -5v.

Either that or your sensors are inaccurate.

Your 3.3v is a little low, -12 is quite a bit low, and something is probably wrong with the -5v.

Either that or your sensors are inaccurate.

-5V isn't required anymore as of ATX v 2.xx. The PSU he has probably just omits it (Jeremy - you can check this by seeing if there's a "missing" wire on the ATX connector).

Many onboard sensors have a hard time reading the -12V line, but yes, the 3.3 is a little low. Still within tolerances though.

What was the last version you used? I find it to be quite accurate. Something does pass 80C in my case, and it is my video card because when I put my hand on it, I can't for more than about 1.5-2.0 seconds because it's so hot.

The NV Silencer is for the video card. The AC 64 Freezer is for the CPU. The Thermalright is for my chipset.

the way i read it at first, i thought it was a choice, my mistake.

i was using the latest version of speedfan, 4.31, and it only had the HDD temps right. it said i had two remote temps at 67 and 78 C...but, when i used MBM5, it said the remote temps were 62 and 66 C...and it wasn't after anything, i had them both open at the same time.

the way i read it at first, i thought it was a choice, my mistake.

What do you mean?

There's a store not far from where I live that has 2 of the 3 items I want. I will save $66.13 in total by getting them from there instead of online @ NCIX.

SpeedFan - Before And After (Full Load)

SpeedFan.pngSpeedFan2.png

All my temperatures seem to have dropped and the reason is because my previous VGA cooler simply blew air away from the video card to still be ventilated around the case. My new one blows air outside of the case.

My Blog - Anything's Better Than Stock

I checked my temperatures with Everest and got totally different readings. I'm going to get some hardware to do this accurately instead of inaccurate software.

Edited by Jeremy

i use everest i trust in complety it does give accurate reading there at max +/- 3 degrees max, i have hooked up hardware to my system before and everest is the closest in all the readings thats i have noted

Everest reports my temperatures as being the following:

Idle

Motherboard - 43-44C

CPU - 38-39C

CPU Diode - 41C

GPU - 43C

GPU Ambient - 36C

Both HDDs - 35-36C

Full Load

Motherboard - 48C

CPU - 44C

CPU Diode - 47C