DELLXP INSTALL DISK - Trying to perform unattended setup- Noob

Andrew12

Hi everyone

I am completely new at this. I have taken a Dell XP pro install and I am trying to set it up for an unattended install. The problem I am facing now is that Dell has already set up an unattended install on it and a bunch of other files.

The question is what do I have to do to restore that disc to its original before DELL put there stuff on it?

Or is there already a topic that explains how to do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Andrew :hello:

Oh and if no one has done this before if someone could post what all the files in a normal xp cd are that would be super.....so that I may go through and see what files dell has added.

Edited by Andrew12

BTW I need to get this install back to a standard xp install disk because I am planning on using it for an unattended install, which is a requirement in a high school class I am taking right now.....

Someone please help....

Andrew

Thanks but I have checked out that whole site and have found nothing about changing a Dell xp install cd back to a standard microsoft issued install cd.

Anyone have anyother help that they may be able to offer me

much appreciated

Andrew

I've used Dell CDs many times for unattended install, NLite will overwrite the necessary WINNT.SIF files with the info needed, you don't really have to do anything but provide the info. The only thing to be sure of is to not change the CD Key in the existing WINNT.SIF file. I only use the CD for re-installing on Dell computers for which the CD was provided, though.

As far as "factory installed software", Dell doesn't include this on its XP disks--although you may have a "Dell" folder in your startmenu with links to support, etc., but no actual software is included.

I don't think Dell's CD will work with other (non-Dell) product codes on other PC brands; if this is what you are trying to ask, I'm not even sure that's legal...?

Edited by TheFlash428