bigmuny

Member
  • Content count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About bigmuny

  1. I currently have Microsoft Office XP Pro 2003 installed on my WinXP Pro, yet when I have tried to install Office 2007 Beta I get the following error: Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source: Excel Files, ODBC error6: Component not found in the registry. Verify that the file Excel Files exist and that you can access it. Abort Retry Ignore I don't see what the OBDC has to do with the installation of Office 2007 but it is definately causing some problems and I can't figure it out so maybe someone there might have some suggestions.. Thanks...
  2. If you google txtsetup.sif you will find copies of the file and many other ways to fix the problem that other's have encountered..hope this helps instead of just sending you the file, this way you know exactly what you need and can probably locate it better than trying to explain to other's what it is you need done...good luck.
  3. I had been having problems with my Media Center and looked to the web for answers. I found an answer that I hoped would work from a member here. I did everything he said to do and when I finished it worked just as it was suppose to do. So there is hope yet for you who are having problems with your MCE and whatever the problem you may be able to apply this method to get it working again...it's really simple..just follow the directions verbatim, my thanks to Jay_Stealth whoever you are and I hope you don't mind me reprinting your fix here in another section of the Forum: Jay_Stealth Mar 16 2006, 05:46 AM The cause of this on my machine was due to an error loading mscorwks.dll when re-installing MCE 2005, however, I understand that quite a few people have had this error for other reasons. Here’s how I fixed it. Basically everything installed fine when I repaired my MCE2005 except I received an error, ‘Error loading f:\windows2\microsoft .net\framework v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll’ then it told me to check the medctroc.log file. Apparently this error may also appear when trying to install a .NET Framework hotfix if you are simply updating windows MCE. I guess my install CD has this slipstreamed so it's not something i encountered. Firstly I tried to reinstall the .NET Framework 2.0 as I thought it sounded like the registry thought that media centre was still installed but the files might be reverted because of how the OS was repaired. You can find the .NET Framework 2.0 at http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/updates. However, this did not work for me but it could be one of the solutions for you, so I would try it. I then installed the .NET 2.0 SDK and attached the debugger to ehshell.exe (media centre). I received the message: ‘An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in Unknown Module’ Additional information: Method ShowCPRecordingStop in type MediaCenter.Common.TenFootUserXPAdapter from assembly ehshell, Version=6.0.3000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 does not have an implementation. I tried to update my system via Windows Update with the KB900325 update (Rollup 2 for MCE2005), but it always failed. NOTE. This update contains other updates, including itself. These are; KB900325.exe, WindowsMedia10-KB895572-x86.exe, WindowsXP-KB888795-x86.exe, WindowsXP-KB891593-x86.exe, WindowsXP-KB895961-x86.exe, WindowsXP-KB899337-v2-x86.exe, WindowsXP-KB899510-x86.exe, WindowsXP-KB902841-x86.exe, wmfdist95.exe. I then downloaded the update (WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB900325-usa.exe) and tried to install it and found that it failed on installing a specific update, which was the kb900325 hotfix. (NOTE that when it fails you will need to reboot and it will do a system restore on your machine. Let it do this BEFORE you carry on with the following.) To resolve this I extracted the file WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB900325-usa.exe to a folder using WinRAR (Click the link to install. Then right click on the file 'WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB900325-usa.exe' and do 'extract to' under the winrar menu). I then manually installed all of the hotfix’s individually. Except one which is WindowsXP-KB891593-x86.exe (which failed stating that it had failed to migrate dependant packages), even the above hotfix that failed during the automated install, (KB900325) installed ok. Anyway...media centre now run's, although it now crashes out when I try to close it, this should be the same case for you too. I don't know however, which hotfix actually enabled media centre to run as I didn't try to run it after every hotfix. You should now reboot your machine and visit Windows Update. This will then download two updates, KB910393 and KB913446. Then reboot your machine again. Now back to the one hotfix that failed earlier, to sort this you will need to go to; Start/run/appwiz.cpl . Make sure the updates box is checked. Scroll down to Windows XP – Software updates. Remove the file KB904706 (it will prompt you that it is not advised as certain files/programs depend on it) and then go back to the folder where you extracted the rollup to and install KB891593, it should now install fine. You will then need to download and install the update KB904706 again. Then go to Windows Update and install the latest update KB912067. (Since Jay posted this in March 2006 there has been an update to KB912067, so when you go to this update it will give you the latest update of KB914548, just install this latest update and reboot your machine and everything should work fine!) I personally thought that I’d never manage to fix it but I have. I can now use my media centre remote again woohoo! Plus I don't have to use some crappy imitation like Nero home...pfft!