Prozactive

Member
  • Content count

    232
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Prozactive

  • Rank
    Member

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

  • OS
    98SE
  1. Finally figured it out. I forgot I had JS blocked for Google (www.google.com and subtier URLs) in Opera site prefs from a long time ago, and when they switched from Classic maps to the new maps (Lite mode, etc.), the URLs changed from maps.google.com to www.google.com/maps, hence invoking the JS block for Google. Enabling JS allows the new Google Maps (Lite mode) to display again.
  2. That URL does not work for me. Google redirects to a search for that URL instead of Google Maps.
  3. Interesting. www.google.pl/maps/ do work for some reason but www.google.com/maps/ do not as I've noted. I was finally able to submit feedback to Google using another computer and browser but I don't have high hopes for this problem being fixed.
  4. As I suspected, Google Maps no longer work again today and I cannot even access the link to send them feedback. This is extremely frustrating to say the least.
  5. Thanks for your replies. Google Maps suddenly started working again this morning. I did come across some info on the Web that they just retired "Classic" maps for some new "Maps Lite" or something similar. I suspect the transition had something to do with this problem. Update: Upon further review, apparently Classic maps have not been fully retired yet. I'm viewing Classic maps again now and I suspect that's why they still work. I'm concerned whether the new "Lite Mode" maps will properly display in Opera or give the blank white page as before. Trying to figure out how to transmit my concerns to Google...
  6. I noticed this for the first time today. They worked normally a few days ago but now all Google Maps only display a blank white page. Anyone else experiencing this and/or have any ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks.
  7. I see. I didn't view the main wunderground.com website, but rather a local-specific subsite. Like I said, ever since I deleted those fonts I haven't had a single crash in Opera. The GPFs in GDI.EXE started right after I installed them so it was a fairly obvious cause and effect.
  8. Why does that matter? IIRC it was wunderground.com and a couple of other sites. Since I deleted those fonts, the error has not recurred. I'm positive they were the root cause, at least on my system.
  9. Update: Ever since I deleted those new fonts, the GPFs in GDI.EXE have not recurred as I suspected, and I've reloaded those websites that caused the GPFs in Opera. I'm convinced that the fonts are the root cause of the errors.
  10. @loblo After installing your fonts I started getting repeated general protection faults with GDI.EXE in Opera while web surfing. I'm not sure if your fonts are the root cause but I've just deleted them and will report back if the errors stop. PS: I've also noticed a new/updated ttfCache file in my \Windows directory. Not familiar with this file but I suspect it's b/c I installed those new fonts.
  11. Ah. Thanks again, loblo. I DL'ed it quickly and didn't notice that at all.
  12. Thanks for the excellent explanation of webfonts, loblo. I tried to install those fonts you kindly provided but get various errors even after changing KernelEx compatibility modes. Occasionally I get errors indicating it's looking for a different version of Windows. This is the usual error I get: SOME GLYPHS-ICONS WEBFONTS FOR OPERA 12 caused an invalid page fault in module SOME GLYPHS-ICONS WEBFONTS FOR OPERA 12.02 ON 98-ME.7Z.EXE at 0177:00406a90. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0177 EIP=00406a90 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00000000 SS=017f ESP=0098fac0 EBP=0098fae8 ECX=a503d27b DS=017f ESI=00000000 FS=1927 EDX=00000000 ES=017f EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 40 0c 8b 40 18 89 45 f4 8b 45 f4 a3 1c 10 47 Stack dump: 5b5a5958 5f5e5d5c 00000000 2b3818b8 a503d27b b21fdf90 b21fdf90 00000000 7b5a5958 00000000 0098fd90 0043a221 8b8a8988 8f8e8d8c 93929190 97969594
  13. Thanks loblo! (and Nomen for posting this thread) Disabling webfonts also fixed this problem for me. I've noticed occasional weird garbled illegible fonts in a handful of websites ever since I updated to Opera 12.02 a few years ago, but I thought it was a glitch in those particular websites. In recent months though, I've noticed them much more often including mainstream sites such as NY Times, CBS sports, etc. I have no idea what webfonts are but disabling them also solved some very annoying fonts and missing hyperlinks in several other websites I browse regularly. I've continued to notice fonts changes (for the better) ever since I disabled them. Seems like the default setting should be "disabled" rather than "enabled".
  14. Thanks! I don't use Stylish but I'll try to implement it with User CSS in Opera and see how it goes.
  15. @bphlpt: I agree. Seems like it would be a lot easier to just try the new CSS style sheet and see if it works.