Hi firo I have just the same situation. I'm afraid we've got not only busy or LBA 0 problem. I think when the drive is locked it could be other issues. I couldn't find any commands for factory reset. And profi repair makes no guarantees and has quite a good cost.. It's cheaper to buy new HD =) I tried new firmware SD1A. Tried to repeat procedure with new syntax. Tried to flash back firmware AD14 etc. All the same. Drive looks FULLY functional. I can even see data by scanning utils. But something sucks ( So after all several days of fighting I'm restoring that huge data from different archives.. part to part.. And one thing I've found. I ran full disk erase in mhdd util (it's like low level format I think) and at some LBA near to 1/4 capacity it halts with severe error. Then I tried to issue format starting a bit after that place. And it's going quite well. Very speedy ) So if it's possible to skeep that place by partitioning the drive will stay in use with SD1A firmware for some trash, temps, swaps etc.