I'm having a similar problem to what luyz has and I was wondering if my data is completely lost or if someone else had a similar situation with a resolution? After I performed the BSY fix, I placed the hard drive in secondary and tried to see if I could access the drive. The drive did show up in device manager but not my computer. So I tried to access disk management to see if the drive was initialized and it froze at "loading disk configuration information". I've also tried using testdisk and that froze after I selected "create". I then tried to boot up my PC with the drive as primary in which it gave me the error "error loading operating system". I then proceeded to attempt the 0 LBA fix to see if that would do anything to no avail, the drive is still giving me the same problems. I followed the directions to the T and the following is what I have logged. Is there something I did wrong? BSY fix F3 T>/2 F3 2>Z Spin Down Complete Elapsed Time 0.140 msecs F3 2>U Spin Up Complete Elapsed Time 7.067 secs F3 2>/1 F3 1>N1 F3 1>/T F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22 Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 14, Max Certify Rewr ite Retries = 00C8 User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 00 secs 0 LBA Fix (without seperating motor contacts and PCB) F3 T> F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22 Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 00, Max Certify Rewr ite Retries = 0000 User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 00 secs F3 T> Notice the user partition format successful says 0 mins 00 secs I found that odd. PS. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread, it's been of great help so far!