Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 



balths

Member
  • Content count

    1
  • Donations

    $0.00 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About balths

Profile Information

  • OS
    none specified
  1. Just did this for the LBA 0 error and it totally worked. My drive and files are back! FYI mine was a seagate 500 gb STM3500820AS, which I bought as an Iomega Prestige external hard drive. (I'm providing all these details in hopes that the next poor soul can find this in a google search). One day it just stopped being detected in USB, so I took it out of the usb<->sata enclosure and plugged it into my motherboard to discover it was reporting 0 GB. This model and firmware weren't reported as being affected, but I tried it anyway. Glad I did! I used a CA-42 nokia data cable, as that seemed like the most straightforward method. Seagate doesn't seem to have a firmware update for it since it is OEM, and Iomega is unhelpful. I guess I'll just keep the cable handy in case it happens again. It worked fine for a year before this happened. Thanks for posting this!
×