Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 



tomususe

Member
  • Content count

    1
  • Donations

    $0.00 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About tomususe

Profile Information

  • OS
    Windows 7 x86
  1. Hello to everybody in this forum, I'm new here (registered 5min ago), but I follow your work since W7RC was released. First I will thank you for the inspiration, improvements, advantages making winpe better. Compared with you guys (developpers, administrators), I'm a newbie/greenhorn. I cant programm, assamble, compile, develop things - so I do not understand every thread in this forum. Most of you, I think, trace a winemb-feature-package integration into a winemb install.wim and applies the traced information (files/reg-keys) over a Win7 setup install.wim to finally copy it to the winpe.wim. This is effective but time expensive and difficult. Because of my "enduser"-knowledge, I would microsoft tools do the job for me and would share me success with you. I decided to try the reverse way ... 1.) I mouted winpe.wim (round 8000files / 774MB) and install.wim (round 48000files / 4.3GB). 2.) I copied everything to a temp-working directory (except sxs, framework, driverstore) = 1.15GB. 3.) I deleted some things, winpe does'nt need (SAT, MIGWIZ, SPP, WUA, SLIC, NLS...) = 550MB 4.) The remaining files compared with the files from winpe.wim (525 duplicates -100MB) =450MB 5.) I copied all the files into winpe.wim and applied as much regkeys as I found 6.) the final winpe.wim growed from 112MB to 329MB A.) The booted winpe.wim consists of explorer-shell, IE8, controlpanel, mediaplayer, mmc, networkcenter, fax/scan, vss, printer, remotedesktop, directx, ......ect.....ect. B.) Now I mounted winpe.wim again integrated WMI-package, and enabled Service-Profiling C.) After unmounting I booted once again and executed every bat, com, exe, vbs, msc, services ....etc. D.) Now I used wpeutil to save the profile E.) I mounted winpe.wim a third time and applied the traced profile, which removed additional 100MB (big disadvantage - the winpe.wi is'nt serviceable anymore from this point) Finally I ended up with a 270MB winpe.wim including 80% of the original W7 in about 3hrs. Last but no least I would thank you guys again for the great work. Hope to see you in W8 :-)) Bye tom
×