Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 



fadedmaximus

Member
  • Content count

    2
  • Donations

    $0.00 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About fadedmaximus

Profile Information

  • OS
    none specified
  1. trying to set static ipv6 address

    I found this site: dns crawler] Adding in the ip address: 2001:4898:e8:100b:98de:554a:9c3c:fbbf and the subnet mask 255.255.252.0, or /22, I get the netmask to be ffff:fc00:0:0:0:0:0:0 The calculator gives me: CIDR Block 2001:4898:e8:100b:98de:554a:9c3c:fbbf/22 That is the address that I had initially set, so it appears that it is already in CIDR format like it requires. <UnicastIpAddresses> <IpAddress wcm:action="add" wcm:keyValue="1">2001:4898:e8:100b:98de:554a:9c3c:fbbf/22</IpAddress> </UnicastIpAddresses>
  2. I'm trying to set a static ipv6 address in the unattend.xml for deployment but whenever it deploys the address that the machine is assigned isn't the address that is specified in the unattend.xml file. I tried looking around on-line but couldn't find any examples of ipv6 and only ipv6. If anybody can shed some light on how to fix the file to assign a static ipv6 address that would be great. The unattend file specifies "2001:4898:e8:100b:98de:554a:9c3c:fbbf" as the ipv6 address, but the address that got assigned was "2001:4898:e8:100b:5dff:febc:8217" Here is the tcp/ip section of the unattend file: <component name="Microsoft-Windows-TCPIP" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Interfaces> <Interface wcm:action="add"> <Ipv4Settings> <DhcpEnabled>false</DhcpEnabled> <Metric>20</Metric> <RouterDiscoveryEnabled>false</RouterDiscoveryEnabled> </Ipv4Settings> <Identifier>Local Area Connection</Identifier> <Ipv6Settings> <DhcpEnabled>false</DhcpEnabled> <Metric>30</Metric> <RouterDiscoveryEnabled>true</RouterDiscoveryEnabled> </Ipv6Settings> <UnicastIpAddresses> <IpAddress wcm:action="add" wcm:keyValue="1">2001:4898:e8:100b:98de:554a:9c3c:fbbf/22</IpAddress> </UnicastIpAddresses> <Routes> <Route wcm:action="add"> <Identifier>0</Identifier> <Prefix>0.0.0.0/0</Prefix> <Metric>10</Metric> <NextHopAddress><our default gateway address></NextHopAddress> </Route> </Routes> </Interface> </Interfaces> </component> Thanks,
×