Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

catalinrcd

Member
  • Content count

    1
  • Donations

    $0.00 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About catalinrcd

Profile Information

  • OS
    Windows 7 x86
  1. This is gonna be a long one so get ready. Before coming to you guys I've done my homework. My opinion is that this is a general software / hardware problem and not necessarily a sound card /sound system problem. I have been experiencing for a few months audio dropouts and artifacts (pops & cracks). Here is the list of things that I have done to try fixing the problem (the order is random): - Reinstalled windows. Tryed both 86 bit & 64bit version. - Updated moderboard drivers / sound drivers. - Got the latest windows 7 updates. - Installed 86 bit Windows xp Proffesional. And noticed I have no audio problems using that one even with old motherboard & sound drivers. - I have a integrated sound card. Disabled that one from bios and got an Creative Sound Blaster (don't know exactly with one, it's a new version 2009 I think) SAME exact problems, even with the Creative sound card. - Adjusted CPU power management to High: processor power management - minimum processor state 100% - maximum processor state 100%. Same problem, didn't work. - Changed the Processor Scheduling: whent to Advanced System Settings - Performance Option - Advanced - selected "Background services" . Did NOT work. - Messed around with the buffer size of audio sampling. Did not work. - Whent to BIOS and disabled CPU Termal Throttle. Did not work. - Alsow in BIOS, changed PCI Latency Timer from lowest of 32 whent up to 96. Somebody told me that if it's to low bad, to high bad. I tested a few different options. NOTHING worked. OK! I found the problem using LatencyMon: raspppoe.sys (RAS PPPoE mini-port/ call manager-driver) This raspppoe.sys is killing my sound. and the thing is I NEED HIM! Cuz my lame a** internet provider is forcing me to use a dial-up VPN connection. I have to connect this system so I can connect to the net. My system specs are: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x86 updated 2012 november CPU: QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 840, 3119 MHz Motherboard: ASRock M3N78D (yes it sucks) Memory: 4gb DD3 Kingstone Video Card: Sapphire ati hd 5670 Storage: SATA 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm , buffer size 32 mb PSU : Corsair CX600 http://postimage.org/image/7hfjtpnnx/ http://postimage.org/image/i9g8pj44x/
×