krose

Member
  • Content count

    80
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About krose

  • Birthday 01/04/1952

Profile Information

  • OS
    Windows 7 x64
  • Country
  1. Thanks gentlemen. I figured it out last night when reading over the KB article again. It was KB3023607 that was missing. Added that to the image and WU is fine now. I don't even use IE, but I'm a bit anal about having it all patched.
  2. I think MS doesn't know what the hell it's doing half most of the time. A cumulative update is just that, it should supercede all previous updates. As it stands now I have five IE11 updates, KB2909210, KB2929437, KB2976627, and now KB3021952 and KB3034196. I add them all to a base image containing only IE11 and it says I still need KB3021952. I updated my laptop by WU and it doesn't need KB3021952 a second time, but it also doesn't install KB3034196. You have to run WU twice to install KB3034196. Some dependency on KB3021952? Strange things at Redmond to be sure. How about rolling them into one update? Oh there I go making sense.
  3. I was building a new image of Windows 7 HP 64 bit. I am confused about IE11 cumulative security updates. In 8/14 there was update KB2976627. It was superceded by KB2977629 in 9/14, except for IE11. Each cumulative update always replaces the previous, except in this case. Anybody know why? Now onto the lastest issue. I added the February updates to my image with DISM, but after install WU still wants IE11 cumulative security update KB3021952. Checking installed updates, KB3021952 is listed. The WU update must be some smaller component of KB3021952 because the download is only listed as 5-6 MB. Can anybody help me straighten this out? TIA.
  4. I use /s ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 I see addlocal has been deprecated, but the above works for me.
  5. Well I truly am a dummy. I was using a dism.cmd that I have always used, not realizing that 32-bit has a starter version too, therefore the index number was wrong in the command. I was adding updates to the wimfile, just not the correct image.
  6. I think I found the problem. I was using DISM on my desktop, it is version 6.1.7600.16385. DISM in the SP1 iso is 6.1.7601.17514. Apparently installing SP1 on my desktop and capturing with Imagex didn't update DISM. Will try it with updated version and report back.
  7. I downloaded Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32 bit iso from Digital River. I used the Microsoft tool to create a bootable USB stick. Then I integrated IE9 and post-SP1 hotfixes using DISM and received no errors. However, after installing the OS none of the updates are installed. Before SP1 iso files were available I used the reverse integration method to make my 64 bit SP1 image and updates work fine with DISM that way. What is it about the SP1 iso that breaks DISM?
  8. I have to ask a stupid question, then. If it breaks adding packages, how will SP1 and later updates be added, since this update is supposed to be required for SP1?
  9. My effort was successful! I put the key in my autounattend.xml file and the .xmr-ms file in both system32 and syswow64 oem folders. I don't know if it matters but I also edited the ei.cfg file from retail to oem and set VLK to 1 from 0. Did the install and it is already activated without all the crapware. Went from 60+ processes down to 33, LOL. Thanks so much for your help.
  10. Thanks for the reply. I have a retail copy for my desktop. I used a keyfinder to get the OEM's key from the laptop. Where would I look for the OEM certificate and serial?
  11. Bought a new Lenovo laptop and of course it came with the usual crapware installed, OS is Win7 HPx64. There is a recovery partition where I found an image named cdrivebackup.wim. It is bloated to nearly 6.9GB. I mounted it using dism and got a lengthy list of apps installed. I know you can remove packages but I cannot see a way to remove applications. Is there any way to do this so that I may reinstall a cleaned up image and preserve windows activation?
  12. With Windows 7 you must check the properties of the downloaded file. When you download a file from the internet, or another computer, it puts a "block" file security attribute on it. So if you don't right click on the file, click properties, and click unblock, it will always ask for permission to run the file. Unblock the file and the /S switch will work, it does for me with the slim build.
  13. I have always just used the switches /s ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 plus a regfile [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy] "EnableJavaUpdate"=dword:00000000 Works fine for me. Edit: I checked and I also stop java update scheduler from starting by the regfile [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] "SunJavaUpdateSched"=-
  14. I used the same IExpress method for KB982524 that I used for the prior updates as discussed previously. KB976576 and KB977354 were processed, no errors, and WU was happy once again. I have attached a pdf tutorial of the IExpress process I used to make the installers. I hope this helps everyone. IExpress tutorial.pdf
  15. M2GD, Glad to hear it worked for you. I have learned so much from these forums, it is nice to finally contribute something. Sp0iLedBrAt, I hope you got it working too. Ken