tan00001

Member
  • Content count

    1
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About tan00001

  1. I have a Gigabyte K8N Pro SLI board and a Athlon64 X2 3800+ CPU(s). I tried the nLite generated CD, and it did not work for me. In the end, I installed Xp 64 onto a regular IDE drive, then installed the raid driver, and then xcopy'ed (with /s/e/y/c/h options) everything onto the raid partition over an installation that would crash on bootup. Then I ran "repair" from the nLite CD. That allowed me to boot into the raid installation, although with problems (e.g., system restore was gone, screen display would not do clear type font, etc.). Then I used a backup of the IDE installation to restore the system state under the RAID installation. The xcopy cannot seem to be replaced with a restore. Restored results were not repaired successfully. Now I have a nice and stable installation on the RAID partition. It's been running for less than 24 hours, but I have not seen any errors in the event log yet.