Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

NSIS INSTALLER SWITCH

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

asphyxia

asphyxia

• 16 posts
I want a switch for NSIS installer through which i can made installer silent install with progress bar shown.For completely silent install it is /S but i want it for silent install with progress bar shown.Do anyone know this?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bj-kaiser

bj-kaiser

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
there is no such thing by default.
If one wanted a progress bar, you would have to modify the installer to add a progress bar page if there is a specific command line switch used.
"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?" -- Roy, The IT Crowd

asphyxia

asphyxia

• 16 posts
And how can i made custom installer if there is no method of doing thhis.Where are the experts?Nobody know this answer or don't want to tell?

ajua

ajua

Custom Installer Maker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

And how can i made custom installer if there is no method of doing thhis.Where are the experts?Nobody know this answer or don't want to tell?

you sounded rude asking like that. maybe nobody knows or if someone knew maybe your way of asking scare him...
you can try to look in the NSIS documentation online to see if there is a way you can achieve what you want. as far as i know for standard setups there is no way to show progress bars...

Custom Installers for your unattended needs.

Marsianin

Marsianin

Junior

• Pip
  • 73 posts
I wrote a lot of NSIS installers and as I think there is no way to do it without modifying .nsi script.
And there is no way to extract this script from NSIS compiled exe.

I can suggest you to look at my signature.

P.S. You can try to ask it at NSIS forum (at winamp.com)

Edited by Marsianin, 30 June 2007 - 07:36 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN