DAEMON Tools Pro released

Bas

wow

DAEMON Tools Pro is finally released. :thumbup

Quote from their site

Everyone who is interested in DT Pro can now purchase licenses from our publisher,

DISC-SOFT, http://www.disc-soft.com , who is responsible for all sales of DT Pro.

Just visit their website and create a new account via "Register"-link on main-page.

After this you can login to your account and make a payment via

"Make a Payment"-Option at the right sidebar, after your payment

arrived and is valid, buy DT Pro (follow "BUY NOW"-link).

If something is unclear, dont hesitate to post in our forums and we will help

you as soon as possible!

Please note:

- an internet connection is necessary to use DT Pro and DT Pro is activated

via internet

- vIDE is not yet implemented, nevertheless it is planned to add it within

one of the next updates (and we already updated DT Pro twice since customer-release).

- full Tagês-capabilities already included

- up to 32 virtual SCSI-drives and with vIDE additional up to 2 additional drives

- customizable GUI

- full online-help

- fast read-engine

- full support at DAEMON Tools Customer-Supportboard

- already added language-support for english, german, french, italian and russian language

- regularly planned updates with not only bugfixes but also added features, several

addons are currently in development (like scanner)

Enjoy

Off Topic: MartinL, You and I use the exact same antivirus and Firewall and my PC is still fast :)

you can choose not to install the search bar..

Nod32 detects in in the installer and automatically blocks it. :sneaky:

so what exactly makes this better than the free version?

It looks like the "pro" version is the same as it ever was, only completely without aids. The free version now infects you with aids which you cannot unselect.

DAEMON Tools Pro is CD & DVD emulation software which allows users to make CD/DVD disc images, create a virtual CD / DVD drives and play CDs & DVDs without the need for the physical disc.

DAEMON Tools Pro Adware version includes mandatory adware.

You can use Adware version as trial. If you do not need/want built-in adware you can buy version without adware.

Looks like there is version anymore other than pro or commercial.

http://www.disc-soft.com/products

Edited by arctirus

You can still DL 4.09 from the Daemon Tools page. No clue if this version is now infested with anything beyond the search bar.

As for the Pro version itself, the only thing it seems to have over the regular version is more copy protection emulation for games. Oh, and 32 emulated SCSI drives, which is complete overkill (and half of which can't be mapped to driver letters anyways). And emulated IDE drives "someday soon, we promise!"

As a side note, the page wistfully does not tell you the cost. You have to register to follow the purchase link. And since I have no desire to actually purchase it, I don't see any need to go through the rigmarole to register just to satisfy my curiosity.

It looks like the "pro" version is the same as it ever was, only completely without aids. The free version now infects you with aids which you cannot unselect.

Would wearing a condom while installing help?

LoL :yes: