Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Server 2008 Beta III (Longhorn)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Junior

• Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 16-January 04
I have installed Server 2008 on one of my machines and so far it appears to be ok.
The interface is a little bland and there are no pretties but I guess it will be good? :D

I found I could use Vista 64 bit drivers for my ATI Video card (sorry, didn't mention I loaded
it on my 64 bit machine)

I am sorta stuck for the Memory controllers and the Sound card but, that's life.
Has anyone else been able to obtain a driver for the Memory controllers for
nforce 3 chipset? Thanks in advance. :hello:

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

marxo

marxo

UI Designer

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Joined 30-September 06
Drivers from Vista x64 don't work? They should AFAIK because there is no mayor compatibility difference in the codes something like (Windows XP -> Windows 2k3)

Posted Image
You don't wanna click there.

fizban2

fizban2

MSFN Addict

• Super Moderator
  • 1,900 posts
  • Joined 14-April 05
vista and 2008 drivers will be different espeically 64bit as driver signing is taking place, you would have to wait for 2008 compat drivers that are signed for it

dexter.inside

dexter.inside

reverse engineering guru

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 19-October 06
At this point there are no new Authenticode algorithms implemented. Even more, I have a PCI sound card that was causing BSoDs on Vista RTM x86 but works perfectly on Server 2008 x86.
I'd say that driver support in Server 2008 and Vista SP1 is somewhat better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users