* includes the 4th cumulative time zone update
* includes tzchange.exe for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003
* better sorting of new time zones in dropdown list during Windows setup (they were displayed at the top before)
All languages in which KB942763 was released are supported except Hebrew. People who use a Hebrew source are advised to place the Hebrew version of KB942763 in the HFSVCPACK_SW1 folder instead.
For Windows 2000, you are at least getting all of the updated time zone settings from the 4th cumulative time zone update except the update for the "Mexico Standard Time 2" time zone. Windows 2000 doesn't have it so slipstreaming the updates alone would be useless.
However, for some languages, all "Mexico Standard Time 2" time zone settings are added as well as several descriptions of other time zones (the ones shown in the dropdown menu) in order to "upgrade" Windows 2000 to the level of WinXP/2K3.
Already supported: Chinese Traditional, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal) and Swedish.
Not supported: Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Czech, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
Help adding support for languages that aren't covered
If you're running a Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 system in one of the unsupported languages, you can help update this time zone package. It's really simple:
1) Export the entire "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones" registry key to a .REG file
2) Compress (ZIP) the .REG file and attach it to a new post in this thread
An updated version of the time zone package for HFSLIP will then be released as soon as possible.
How to use this package with HFSLIP
1) Remove KB942763, KB933360, KB931836 and any other time zone update you may have from the HF folder
2) Remove HFSLIP_PRE_TZ2.* and HFSLIP_PRE_TZ3.* (if you used these) from the HFTOOLS folder
3) Download HFSLIP_PRE_TZ4_v6.zip and extract its content into the HFTOOLS folder
4) Run HFSLIP as usual
Changes in v6
Updated tzchange.exe for XPSP2 and XPSP3
Sri Lanka time zone is displayed in the correct position
Changes in v5
Corrected errors in Polish file (thanks to definicjaCEPA)
Changes in v4
Corrected errors and changed "Caucasus" to "Kafkasya" in Turkish file (thanks to eryen)
Changes in v3
Danish Windows 2000 time zone upgrade (thanks to ivans2605)
Swedish Windows 2000 time zone upgrade (thanks to CEoCEo)
Changes in v2
Added support for -
Arabic (thanks to Opera for decoding and Microsoft for translating Sri Jayawardenepura)
Chinese Simplified (thanks to Opera and Microsoft)
Chinese Traditional (thanks to L-F and Opera)
Greek (thanks to bfc_xxx and Opera)
Japanese (thanks to Opera)
Korean (thanks to bynkook and Opera)
Russian (thanks to Opera and Microsoft)
Changes imported from the previous time zone packages for HFSLIP
- Renamed "Caucasus_Display" string to "Armenian_Display" for convenience
- Danish: updated Pacific_Display string
- French: updated Armenian_Dlt string
- Italian: updated Caucasus_Common_Display and Montevideo_Display strings
- Portuguese (Brazil): fixed problem in Central_M_Dlt, Mountain_M_Dlt and Pacific_M_Dlt strings
- Portuguese (Portugal): updated SA_Pacific_Display, Mountain_M_Std and Mountain_M_Dlt strings
- The UTC offsets in the Italian version are represented in this way by default: "GMT + <h>.<mm> h". The three instances where the + sign is glued to "GMT" (Azerbaijan, Middle East & Jordan) were updated to match that standard.
- Fixes for several bugs in the French version of KB931836. Cities are missing, some are switched, and two (Baku and Beyrouth) even appear in two time zones! All other languages follow the English time zone update with regard to the cities so I fixed these errors in the French time zone update in this package.
Edited by Tomcat76, 10 May 2008 - 05:01 AM.