kb935448 not integrating

sabregreen

I'm convinced it does something "behind the scenes" on computers with a Realtek audio chip but I still didn't get the chance to get a hold of a system like that.

I'd still like to get a WUx.TXT file from sabregreen to be sure it isn't that.

Ok. Here is the WU1.txt file. I already installed the update on windows update when I ran the hfnetchk program. However, I noticed it says KB935566 isn't applied. I will reinstall today. This is done on a Mac by the way, which has a sigmatel audio driver. This is done through bootcamp. I tried through parallels, which is the virtual machine for mac, and I don't get the error with not having kb935448, but the WU1.txt is the same. I will reinstall through bootcamp today. Thanks and sorry about the delay.

WU1.7z

Parallels (like MS Virtual PC) probably uses a generic audio driver which isn't affected by the problem that's corrected in KB935448. I can't explain it otherwise.

I'd say place the hotfix in HFSVCPACK_SW1, unless you don't mind fooling around with InstallRite (or similar program).

If you're including IE7 I wouldn't worry about KB933566. The XML file that's downloaded from the MS server doesn't have info for IE7 (yet) so it assumes you have IE6. The file "browseui.dll" was updated in KB933566 for IE6 but it does not exist in KB933566 for IE7 so the warning you see is to be ignored.

So I did a fresh install again redownloaded kb935448 and ie7 just to be safe. Still comes up in windows update. The WU1.txt file has the same message. This only happens on my imac which has a sigmatel audio driver. Don't know why. If there is something you want me to check, just let me know.