"file microsoft could not be found" during W2K setup, Nlite

Thilo

Hi together!

after HPFSLIP-ping, there's an error message I get during Windows 2000 Professional installation, during the text mode setup.

when copying the files onto hard disk, W2K setup tells "file microsoft could not be found", I have to cancle that error message, and setup continues...

That error messages happens as well when I click only at "unattended setup", and leave the other nlite options free...

Thilo

Well, if Framework doesn't belong in there, where should I put it in?

I had a link to a site where optional plugins etc. were described, but lost the link...

Then I have to kill the patches as well, concerning framework...

and what about the microsoft-file? when I delete the line with "microsoft" in TXTSetup.SIF, there won't be any error message any more. I still don't know what's that file good for...

Thilo

first of all, I deleted the framework files...

When I put them into the HFSVCPACk-dir, must I put the patches as well in there?

And what about the microsoft file? there's an entry in the TXTSetup.SIF which is called "microsoft , 1...", but I don't know what that microsoft file is for, and where I can get it....

Thilo

As I said, the HFSVCPACK folder is for installers that don't require installation switches. Otherwise put: the original .NET installers, language packs and updates are not supported.

If the "Microsoft" entry pops up in the new TXTSETUP.SIF even after removing the .NET Framework installers, you have slipstreamed an unsupported hotfix. Please attach a zipped HFSLIP.LOG file.

Hi Thilo !

Ich erklär das mal etwas genauer.

Wenn Du Tomcat76´es Silent.NetMaker ( http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=90779 ) verwendest, erhältst Du (abhängig davon, ob merged oder nicht) ein oder zwei Installer, welche schon die Patches enthalten.

Daher müssen keine .Net Hotfixes in den HF Ordner und sie dürfen dort auch nicht rein, weil HFSLIP diese nicht verarbeiten kann.

Deshalb wahrscheinlich auch die Fehlermeldung.

Die/ der Installer kommen/ kommt in den Ordner "HFSVCPACK".

Agi

thanks, fine...

well, If I want, the Net Framework will be put into the HFSVCPACK Folder...

Like Agi said in German, there must be some other entry of file wrong in the HF-folder...

therefore I added the Log-File, like being recommended...

Thilo

HFSLIP_LOG.txt

Also gut... Machen wir einmal auf Deutsch...

Verschiedene Sachen in dein HF-Verzeichnis sind gar nicht unterstützt von HFSLIP.

Bitte brauche meine Windows 2000 Update Seite damit du weisst, was wohin geht und was völlig entfernt werden soll. Es ist ganz einfach: zuerst markierst du unter "Update your Windows 2000 configuration" was du extra integrieren wolltest, und dann vergleichst du die Liste unten mit was du bereits im HF-Verzeichnis hast. Regel: Was nicht in meine Liste vorkommt, ist möglicherweise nicht unterstützt, so z.B. dxwebsetup.exe und Journal-setup.exe.

Verstehen wir uns schon besser? :)