What's going on with XPCREATE by greenmachine

neilhaase

I have heard great things about XPCREATE, BUT I can't figure out how to download a copy. I have been learning other windows update gathering and slipstreaming software methods for building a list of fixes and updates from Microsoft and slipstream them into a XP setup disk.

I guess what I am really interested in is what's up with XPCREATE AND GREENMACHINE. Is this software really worth the extra effort and is there something better.

Thanks, Neil

As much as I liked XPCREATE, it became a little messy when the amount of Hotfixes grew.

Also the fact the it was written for textmode (the program itself), was a bit disappointing.

I really don't know where GreenMachine disappeared, but I wish him good luck & thanks for his great contribution.

Search the forum you'll find at least 2-3 tools for an unattended installation (i.e. nLite)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neilhaase,

I am still using XPCREATE with great pleasure and I have a WXP disk that only needs 2 IE 7 updates that I am unable to slipstream. All others are slipstreamed or installed through runonceex.cmd. I also have a W2K3 Server cd with all updates included.

I hope greenmachine will come back sometime to have an update but there are also other tools you can find in this forum.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

B)

• 5 months later...

@All,

Is there anybody out there that is testing with the new XPCREATE version or is it just a joke.................................

Please make the new tool available to someone who is using the previous version with satisfaction.......................

Greetings,

Bitfrotter