Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

7z SFX Modified Module and Tools

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

Oleg_Sch

Oleg_Sch

• 34 posts

Posted Image

7z SFX Modified Module

version 1.4.1 Stable (build 2100)

version 1.5.0 Beta (build 2100)

Home page || Download links

Hi All!

I am excited to finally present the modified 7z SFX module and accompany tools to the English speaking audience. I know some of you already got a hold of the module and used it a little. Now you can take full advantage of all feature thanks to fully translated documentation. I do encourage you to read the docs, because the module development was driven by Russian unattended community. You'll find a lot of features regular users would never think of :) . I'll list just a few of them here:

- select between interactive, silent and hidden extraction
- control the appearance of dialog prompts and text
- consequently run several files (.exe, .msi, .reg and so on) after the extraction to install configured applications
- replace .bat and .cmd files and eliminate the need in supplementary utilities like "StartX.exe", "msistub.exe" and so on
- create shortcuts for programs with the icons of your choice

There's a lot, and you may want to start with usage examples to see some pics

Posted Image

You may also want to download 7z SFX Tools to see the installer in action.

I truly hope you like the module and start using it in your PC tasks. As you become familiar with its features, please share your experience with your peers through this thread. Although I understand written English relatively well, my writing skills are not that good and I may not be able to answer some questions with the level of detail they require (Honestly, I got a lot of help with this post ;) )

You're welcome to leave any thoughts or suggestions in this thread - I'm subscribed to it. Feel free to conact me by e-mail, but keep in mind that often you can get techincal help through the forum faster :)

Thank you!

Sorry, but only modules and download page are up to date. Other pages and offline help file still outdated.

Edited by Oleg_Sch, 17 May 2011 - 03:30 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Inferi0r

Inferi0r

Little dude

• PipPip
  • 180 posts
Hey thanks man!
I know many of use were waiting for this :thumbup

I will test it now

First: variable9 is used but not set here

Edited by Inferi0r, 23 July 2007 - 06:02 AM.

Inferi0r

Inferi0r

Little dude

• PipPip
  • 180 posts
My Config.txt

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
; // Full silent install
GUIMode="2"
; // Set environments
SetEnvironment="Var1=\"%ProgramFiles%\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe\""
SetEnvironment="Var2=\"%ProgramFiles%\\Mozilla Firefox\\extensions\\*.xpi\""
SetEnvironment="Var3=\"%ProgramFiles%\\Mozilla Firefox\\chrome\\*fx*\""
SetEnvironment="Var4=\"%AppData%\\Mozilla\\Firefox\\Profiles\""
SetEnvironment="Var5=\"%ProgramFiles%\\Mozilla Firefox\\extensions\""
SetEnvironment="Var6=\"%ProgramFiles%\\Mozilla Firefox\\chrome\""
; // Silent install of Firefox
RunProgram="setup.exe -ms"
; // Set Firefox to default browser
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd %Var1% -setDefaultBrowser -silent"
; // Silent install of all extensions
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd FOR /f %%i IN ('DIR /b /a-d %Var2%') DO %Var1% -install-global-extension "%Var5%\\%%i""
; // Delete all unpacked extensions after install
Delete="%Var2%"
; // Set Adblock Plus settings if exist
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd FOR /f %%i IN ('DIR /b /a:d %Var4%') DO md "%Var4%\\%%i\\adblockplus""
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd FOR /f %%i IN ('DIR /b /a:d %Var4%') DO copy "localized\adblockplus\patterns.ini" "%Var4%\\%%i\\adblockplus""
; // Silent install of unsigned Themes (not needed and set by default)
; RunProgram="hidcon:cmd FOR /f %%i IN ('DIR /b /a-d %Var3%') DO %Var1% -install-global-theme "%Var6%\\%%i"
; // Delete all unpacked themes after install
; Delete="%Var3%"
;!@InstallEnd@!

Hi,
I've converted my working CMD to your SFX. If I opens my created installer I get this error:

Error in Line 18 of configuration data
%Var5%\\%%i""

%Var5%\%%i"" is also not working.

What I'm doing wrong?
Thanks

Edited by Inferi0r, 23 July 2007 - 07:05 AM.

Oleg_Sch

Oleg_Sch

• 34 posts
Inferi0r

As a result, you MUST use DOUBLE backslashes (\\) wherever you normally use backslashes (\) (e.g. in paths or dialog texts). Similarly, if the Value contains double quotes ("), you MUST precede them with a backslash (\").

i.e. this line should look so:

RunProgram="hidcon:cmd FOR /f %%i IN ('DIR /b /a-d %Var2%') DO %Var1% -install-global-extension \"%Var5%\\%%i\""

I may be wrong, but you config file should be:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
; // Full silent install
GUIMode="2"
; // Set environments
SetEnvironment="Var1=%ProgramFiles%\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"
SetEnvironment="Var2=%ProgramFiles%\\Mozilla Firefox\\extensions\\*.xpi"
SetEnvironment="Var3=%ProgramFiles%\\Mozilla Firefox\\chrome\\*fx*"
SetEnvironment="Var4=%AppData%\\Mozilla\\Firefox\\Profiles"
SetEnvironment="Var5=%ProgramFiles%\\Mozilla Firefox\\extensions"
SetEnvironment="Var6=%ProgramFiles%\\Mozilla Firefox\\chrome"
; // Silent install of Firefox
RunProgram="setup.exe -ms"
; // Set Firefox to default browser
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd \"%Var1%\" -setDefaultBrowser -silent"
; // Silent install of all extensions
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd FOR /f %%i IN ('DIR /b /a-d \"%Var2%\"') DO \"%Var1%\" -install-global-extension \"%Var5%\\%%i\""
; // Delete all unpacked extensions after install
Delete="%Var2%"
; // Set Adblock Plus settings if exist
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd FOR /f %%i IN ('DIR /b /a:d \"%Var4%\"') DO md \"%Var4%\\%%i\\adblockplus\""
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd FOR /f %%i IN ('DIR /b /a:d \"%Var4%\"') DO copy \"localized\adblockplus\patterns.ini\" \"%Var4%\\%%i\\adblockplus\""
; // Silent install of unsigned Themes (not needed and set by default)
; RunProgram="hidcon:cmd FOR /f %%i IN ('DIR /b /a-d \"%Var3%\"') DO \"%Var1%\" -install-global-theme \"%Var6%\\%%i\""
; // Delete all unpacked themes after install
; Delete="%Var3%"
;!@InstallEnd@!

It's easer to do these tasks in a batch file and call it from the config file

RunProgram="hidcon:batch_file_name.cmd"

Edited by Oleg_Sch, 23 July 2007 - 02:58 PM.

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
TNX Oleg_Sch,

Yr Home page http://7zsfx.solta.ru/en/ is simply a complete BLANK page.
No access to a documentation :( May you remedy to this?

In the other hand, the download and examples links works :)

Regards
coucou

Oleg_Sch

Oleg_Sch

• 34 posts
Sorry!
During today's update i made a mistake :(
Fixed!

Again, sorry :(

P.S. It is necessary to FORCE update page by Ctrl+F5 in browser...

Edited by Oleg_Sch, 24 July 2007 - 06:10 AM.

0d14r3

0d14r3

• PipPip
  • 195 posts
Hi,
The access to page is OK for me.
And very thanks to translate the informations about the options in your SFX module, this will help me a lot to create advanced silent install.

0d

{_carnificina_}

{_carnificina_}

Junior

• Pip
  • 78 posts
good english information

ZileXa

ZileXa

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
Hey Oleg_Sch! Nice to see you're promoting your module here!
I gave info about it a while ago in the other 7z topic, especially because msistub and startx isn't needed anymore. Very nice!
All my installers use your module, in the -? or -h part I have put a thankyou note to you :)
(have to update them...)

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
Hi oleg,

Very nice tool... All my installers use yr module too.
What about extarcting SFX archive and creating a shortlinks (winrar like)? (see here bellow)
Path=%ProgramFiles%\HyperSnap 6
SavePath
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

Shortcut=P, "HprSnap6.exe", "Capture\HyperSnap 6", "HyperSnap 6", "HyperSnap 6"
Shortcut=P, "HprSnap6Man.chm", "Capture\HyperSnap 6", "HyperSnap 6 Help", "HyperSnap 6 Help"
Shortcut=P, "readme.tx", "Capture\HyperSnap 6", "Read about HyperSnap 6", "Read about HyperSnap 6"
Shortcut=P, "HprUnInst.exe", "Capture\HyperSnap 6", "Uninstall HyperSnap 6", "Uninstall HyperSnap 6"
The problem by using winrar, the shortlinks can be created only in %UserProfile% folder.

It is possible to creat e an SFX archive and shortlinks in %AllUsersProfile% with yr module a shortlinks? If so, Thanks to show me an example.

Regards
coucou

Oleg_Sch

Oleg_Sch

• 34 posts
coucou
But what about help ?

Parameter 'Shortcut':

'type' - one or two symbol field that can take the following values:

D - Creates shortcut on the Desktop
S - Creates shortcut in the "Start" menu
P - Creates shortcut in the "Start->Programs" menu
T - Creates shortcut in the "Startup" folder
The shortcuts are created for ALL USERS. In order to create a shortcut for the current user only, add 'u' to the values listed above. For example, Shortcut="Du, {cmd.exe}" creates shortcut on the current user's Desktop only.

Configuration file in you case should look:
;!@Install@!UTF-8!
InstallPath="%ProgramFiles%\\HyperSnap 6"
GUIMode="2"
Shortcut="P, {HprSnap6.exe}, {}, {Capture\\HyperSnap 6}, {HyperSnap 6}, {HyperSnap 6}"
;!@InstallEnd@!
Change 'GUIMode' as you like ( see http://7zsfx.solta.r...rs.html#GUIMode ) or delete it (this is the same that GUIMode="0")

Or this dosn't working ?

Edited by Oleg_Sch, 05 August 2007 - 04:04 PM.

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
TNX Oleg for the info

The links are created but does NOT pointing the files. In other words, by clink on the created links, Nothing hapens :(

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
Shortcut="P, {HprSnap6.exe}, {}, {Capture\\HyperSnap 6}, {HyperSnap 6}, {HyperSnap 6}"
;!@InstallEnd@!

It works ONLY if i add the path for each link :)
;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
Shortcut="P, {%ProgramFiles%\\HyperSnap 6\\HprSnap6.exe}, {}, {Capture\\HyperSnap 6}, {HyperSnap 6}, {HyperSnap 6}"
;!@InstallEnd@!

Is there anyhow to avoid adding the path for each link?

Regards
coucou

Oleg_Sch

Oleg_Sch

• 34 posts
Oh, sorry. i mistaked :(
You CAN NOT exclude path to the source file of the link :( , but you can set extract path in shortcut parameters, for example:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\HprSnap6.exe}, {}, {Capture\\HyperSnap 6}, {HyperSnap 6}, {HyperSnap 6}"
;!@InstallEnd@!

In this case %%T always point to the extract/install folder (even if user will change it in ExtractPath dialog)

Edited by Oleg_Sch, 06 August 2007 - 07:45 AM.

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
TNX Oleg,
Wowww it works like a charm :thumbup

BTW, again comparing with winrar, is it possible to add, delete file inside the SFX archive. Do yr SUPER module allow that too???

Regards
coucou

Oleg_Sch

Oleg_Sch

• 34 posts
coucou
Sorry, but I have not understood completely a question.
Please, explain more in detail...

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
Sorry Oleg,

Here a good example. I made silent istall "Symantec Client Security Corporate Edition v3.1.6.6010" with yr module, the archive name is SCS_316.6010.exe.
This archive include "VDefHub.zip" file which is the Virus Definition Updater Package.
As with winrar (can do), i'm looking for open the archive, delete the old "VDefHub.zip" then add the updated "VDefHub.zip".

I "7-zip/File/Open Inside" the arcive SCS_316.6010.exe and,
if i try to delete"VDefHub.zip" file, 7-zip return message Error deleting file or folder. Not implemented;
If i try to add any file, 7-zip return message Compress operation is not supported for that folder.

I hope iwas more clear.

Regrads
coucou

Oleg_Sch

Oleg_Sch

• 34 posts
coucou

Although I understand written English relatively well, my writing skills are not that good and I may not be able to answer some questions with the level of detail they require

But i'll try...

My module is DECOMPRESSION of fully created archives only... It can not update/replace files in archives, because don't have any compression functions :( This is the task of 7z.exe, 7za.exe or 7zfm.exe

Your problem, that 7z don't have support (still :( ) of updates SOLID archives.
You can go two ways:
1. Don't use solid mode (in this case 7-zip can update/replace files in archive), but you lose in compression ratio
2. Full repack of the archive (i.e. unpack to temp folder, replace your "VDefHub.zip" and then pack again all files from temporary folder in 7z archive)

But again... This is not a job of my module :(
All questions about this to Igor Pavlov http://sourceforge.n...?forum_id=45797

Edited by Oleg_Sch, 08 August 2007 - 06:48 AM.

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

My module is DECOMPRESSION of fully created archives only... It can not update/replace files in archives, because don't have any compression functions :( This is the task of 7z.exe, 7za.exe or 7zfm.exe

Hi Oleg

Yeah, i knew that yr module is DECOMPRESSION of fully created archives only.
As i'm not very familiar with 7-zip, i though that 7-zip has a function allowing update/replace files in solid archives to avoid a full repack

Regards
coucou

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
Sorry for bothering you again Oleg,

I can't get success creating shrortcuts with special parameter (see config.txt here bellow).
In fact, i extract the solide archive content in C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3
then i install pdfMachine_FR.reg
and finally i create the shortcuts
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Star Menu\Programs\BroadGun Software\BroadGun pdfMachine options.lnk
Shortcut target C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\bgsview.exe -printer="BroadGun pdfMachine" -config

config.txt
I tried adding double braces {-printer={{"BroadGun pdfMachine"}} -config} without success
;!@Install@!UTF-8!
AutoInstall="%SystemRoot%\\system32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3"
AutoInstall="regedit /s pdfMachine_FR.reg"
GUIMode="2"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\bgsview.exe}, {-printer="BroadGun pdfMachine" -config}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {BroadGun pdfMachine options}, {BroadGun pdfMachine options}"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\bgsview.exe}, {-printer="BroadGun pdfMachine" -config}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {Entrer vos informations d'enregistrement}, {Entrer vos informations d'enregistrement}"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\bgsview.exe}, {}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {pdfMachine}, {pdfMachine}"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\bbgshelp.chm}, {}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {pdfMachine Aide}, {pdfMachine Aide}"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\bgsSetup.exe}, {-uninstall}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {Désinstallation pdfMachine}, {Désinstallation pdfMachine}"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\\bgsscan.exe}, {}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {pdfScanMachine - Scan to PDF}, {pdfScanMachine - Scan to PDF}"
;!@InstallEnd@!
By launching the solid archive the bellow error message is returned
Error line 5 of configuration data:
BroadGun pdfMachine" -config}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {BroadGun pdfMachine options}, {BroadGun pdfMachine options}"

TNX for yr help
coucou

Edited by coucou, 08 August 2007 - 02:04 PM.

Yzöwl

Yzöwl

Wise Owl

• Super Moderator
  • 4,527 posts

Donator

This may be a complete `shot in the dark`, I have read none of this thread and know nothing of the application. I did however look at your example and I am guessing, that the " character(s) on that line could potentially be giving you your error!

<Edit>
Those should normally be escaped.
</Edit>

Oleg_Sch

Oleg_Sch

• 34 posts
coucou

http://7zsfx.solta.r...configinfo.html

IMPORTANT! Certain two-symbol sequences in the Value are parsed as follows:

\\ = \
\" = "
\n = caret return
\t = tabulation (TAB)
As a result, you MUST use DOUBLE backslashes (\\) wherever you normally use backslashes (\) (e.g. in paths or dialog texts). Similarly, if the Value contains double quotes ("), you MUST precede them with a backslash (\").

i.e. yuor configuration file should look so:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
InstallPath="%SystemRoot%\\system32\\spool\\drivers\\w32x86\\3"
AutoInstall="regedit /s pdfMachine_FR.reg"
GUIMode="2"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\bgsview.exe}, {-printer=\"BroadGun pdfMachine\" -config}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {BroadGun pdfMachine options}, {BroadGun pdfMachine options}"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\bgsview.exe}, {-printer=\"BroadGun pdfMachine\" -config}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {Entrer vos informations d'enregistrement}, {Entrer vos informations d'enregistrement}"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\bgsview.exe}, {}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {pdfMachine}, {pdfMachine}"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\bbgshelp.chm}, {}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {pdfMachine Aide}, {pdfMachine Aide}"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\bgsSetup.exe}, {-uninstall}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {Désinstallation pdfMachine}, {Désinstallation pdfMachine}"
Shortcut="P, {%%T\\\bgsscan.exe}, {}, {Utilitaires\\Edition\\BroadGun Software}, {pdfScanMachine - Scan to PDF}, {pdfScanMachine - Scan to PDF}"
;!@InstallEnd@!

I'm think that you mistaked in second line and meant "InstallPath"
Also remember that your reg file will be executed only in "auto install" mode, i.e. only if "-ai" command line switch present
Use "RunProgram" for normal mode

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
Many TNX Oleg
it works :thumbup

coucou

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
Hi Oleg,

By dint of persever and Thanks to you i'll become a 7z SFX Modified Module Expert ;)

It is possible to run a program installation (setup.exe) then to extract only 1 file (patch.exe) from the archive content to the folder where that program was installed (%ProgramFiles%\\MyProg\)???

Is this config.txt file is correct???
;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="setup.exe /s"
SetEnvironment="MP=\"%ProgramFiles%\\MyProg\""
RunProgram="cmd /c xcopy patch.exe \" %MP% /y"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

Regards
coucou

gora

gora

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Is this config.txt file is correct???

Oleg in holiday :)

Excuse for my bad English. :(

Yes. This should work, but problems are possible! :(
RunProgram = "setup.exe/s" to be started and will expect the process termination. But if setup.exe after start derivates "derived" processes and thus will close the main process setup.exe, RunProgram = "cmd/c xcopy patch.exe \" %MP %/y" it can be started earlier than the program folder %ProgramFiles%\MyProg will be created.

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
TNX gora for yr reply.

Well, is there any trick (sleep) to make RunProgram = "cmd/c xcopy patch.exe \" %MP %/y" waiting until RunProgram = "setup.exe/s" has finished the installation???

Regards
coucou

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN