7z SFX Modified Module and Tools

Oleg_Sch

Inferi0r

So I don't understand why use SETLOCAL EnableExtensions, because I haven't disabled them.

Excuse, I was not right. :( Sorry...

But the problem is that there is not enough pause between each extension (xpi). So one or none extensions will be installed. The 'ping localhost methode' doesn't work at all...so do you know a solution?

In the module it is not provided what means for the organization of delays. But your problem in delay use in cmd.exe. You can use any known ways of the organization of a delay in .bat files. For example so:

RunProgram="hidcon:cmd FOR /f %%i IN ('DIR /b /a-d \"%Var2%\"') DO \"%Var1%\" -install-global-extension \"%Var5%\\%%i\" & echo *****"

Where * - code 07H (beep). :)

Or so:

RunProgram="hidcon:cmd FOR /f %%i IN ('DIR /b /a-d \"%Var2%\"') DO \"%Var1%\" -install-global-extension \"%Var5%\\%%i\" & nircmdc.exe wait 1000"

But it is necessary to add the freeware utility nircmdc.exe in archive. It is a lot of variants ;).

It will be possible to you better to unite all your commands in .bat file (the big flexibility since is not present necessity to unite some commands in one line) and then to start it from RunProgram, but.... To solve to you ;)

Successes to you.

Edited by gora

The 'ping localhost methode' doesn't work at all...

For me it works perfect for both Firefox and Thunderbird. Adding '& ping localhost' sets a pause of 4 seconds in between each xpi installation and is exactly the same as using e.g. 'sleep.exe' or some other comparabel tool with a 4 second setting in between each xpi install, but just saves you the space off adding an extra tool to the SFX installer. I first tried with '& ping -n 1 localhost' and it didn't work. Then again with '& ping -n 2 localhost' and still not working. Then '& ping -n 3 localhost' and still nothing. Then finally with '& ping localhost' it worked and for both Firefox and Thunderbird('& ping -n 4 localhost' is the same as '& ping localhost'). I have made about 20 installs of Firefox and Thunderbird by now with '& ping localhost' and had success with every single installation.

Have you removed the 'Command-line tools' component with nLite without defining 'ping.exe' to be saved i.e. can you run 'ping localhost' from a command-prompt without getting an error message ?

Sorry for the off-topic'ness :blushing:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Oleg!

I build a package with this config.txt:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="hidcon:install.cmd"
GUIMode="2"
Shortcut="Du, {%%T\\%programfiles%\\DU Meter\\DUMeter.exe}, {}, {}, {}, {DU Meter}"
;!@InstallEnd@!

But, in icon properties on Target field appear this:

"C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\7ZipSfx.000\%programfiles%\DU Meter\DUMeter.exe"

Is posible to appear this:

"%programfiles%\DU Meter\DUMeter.exe"

Or better this:

"C:\Program Files\DU Meter\DUMeter.exe"

Thanks!

Edited by radix

Hi, radix.

In a configuration file do not have parametre 'InstallPath'. In the Help it is written:

If the 'InstallPath' value is not present in the configuration file or the path was deleted from the interactive extraction dialog, the archive will be extracted to a temporary folder.

and

%%T - full extraction path

Therefore the module also adds to you a way to a temporary folder. At you should be so:

Shortcut = "Du, {C:\\Program Files\\DU Meter\\DUMeter.exe}, {}, {}, {}, {DU Meter}"

Edited by gora

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I use a config.txt file like this:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

RunProgram="setup.exe"

GUIMode="2"

;!@InstallEnd@!

The temporary folder where the sfx archive is extracted is not deleted after

the installation of the program.

Is this correct?

Hi, radix.

Is this correct?
YES. All depends on your file setup.exe. If his process does not branch, the temporary folder should remove.

If the file setup.exe starts child process and closes the basic, the module tries to remove a temporary folder, but child process can continue to use files from a temporary folder and does not allow to remove it.

• 2 months later...

I released new version of the module. It's based on 7-Zip 4.57 sources.

Only updated modules are available now. I hope to finish working on the web site, help files and other stuff by the end of the next week. That's why only the direct links to the files are available at this point. You'll find them below:

7zSD build 861

7zSD_extra build 861

Edited by Oleg_Sch

I got a problem with the icon of the exe when the size of the archive is bigger than ~700mb.

The problem is that the icon gets replaced to the boring "white rectangle".

Is this a bug with 7zSD?

If it's a known bug, is there any way to prevent it?

dll32

Some questions:

Are you changing icon in module? If "yes" - what program you use for that ?

Are you compress module by UPX or other programs?

I.e., give me full details...

I will try to repeat the situation and provide a more precise answer.

I'm not changing the icon of the module, or using any kind of compression except for 7-zip.

I got a question now to:

is it possible to specify two archives when creating the exe?

eg.

copy /b 7zs.sfx + config.txt + archive1.7z + archive2.7z (Installer_Name).exe

is it possible to specify two archives when creating the exe?

eg.

copy /b 7zs.sfx + config.txt + archive1.7z + archive2.7z (Installer_Name).exe

No. It's not! Only ONE archive can be active/used in one time. (in your example this is the archive1.7z, i.e. first)

I think it is better to go to the PM about icon's problems.

When we will decide our problems, we will inform all...