7z SFX Modified Module
version 1.4.1 Stable (build 2100)
version 1.5.0 Beta (build 2100)
Home page || Download links
I am excited to finally present the modified 7z SFX module and accompany tools to the English speaking audience. I know some of you already got a hold of the module and used it a little. Now you can take full advantage of all feature thanks to fully translated documentation. I do encourage you to read the docs, because the module development was driven by Russian unattended community. You'll find a lot of features regular users would never think of . I'll list just a few of them here:
- select between interactive, silent and hidden extraction
- control the appearance of dialog prompts and text
- consequently run several files (.exe, .msi, .reg and so on) after the extraction to install configured applications
- replace .bat and .cmd files and eliminate the need in supplementary utilities like "StartX.exe", "msistub.exe" and so on
- create shortcuts for programs with the icons of your choice
There's a lot, and you may want to start with usage examples to see some pics
You may also want to download 7z SFX Tools to see the installer in action.
I truly hope you like the module and start using it in your PC tasks. As you become familiar with its features, please share your experience with your peers through this thread. Although I understand written English relatively well, my writing skills are not that good and I may not be able to answer some questions with the level of detail they require (Honestly, I got a lot of help with this post )
You're welcome to leave any thoughts or suggestions in this thread - I'm subscribed to it. Feel free to conact me by e-mail, but keep in mind that often you can get techincal help through the forum faster
Sorry, but only modules and download page are up to date. Other pages and offline help file still outdated.
This post has been edited by Oleg_Sch: 17 May 2011 - 03:30 AM