Unable to read BSOD error

Robbiec

Hi All

I have a XP PC which is continuousally rebooting itself after POST.

I have tried Safe Mode, Last Known and Normal Mode and everytime the computer restarts automatically after POST but before the XP Logo appears.

I've tried different RAM (and different slot) and Video Card and taken it down to bare essentials of HDD, CD-ROM, RAM.

Is there another way to capture the BSOD error as it reboots to quick to read, or some third party software that I can boot off a CD to help me resolve the issue.

Thanks

Robbie

Edited by Robbiec

Hi All

I have a XP PC which is continuousally rebooting itself after POST.

I have tried Safe Mode, Last Known and Normal Mode and everytime the computer restarts automatically after POST but before the XP Logo appears.

I've tried different RAM (and different slot) and Video Card and taken it down to bare essentials of HDD, CD-ROM, RAM.

Is there another way to capture the BSOD error as it reboots to quick to read, or some third party software that I can boot off a CD to help me resolve the issue.

Thanks

Robbie

please read this.......................

Ok so some of you have difficulties loading up Windows XP because it keeps on restartin. Well I got the Soloution.

1. Turn on your PC and press F8 to load up The Start-up Options. Go to "Disable Automatic System Restart on Start-up" And press Enter.

2. You may be asked to select an Operating System (OS). If you do Press Enter.

3. You will get the Windows XP Loading Screen, but of course it will then go to the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). Turn off your PC.

4. Turn on your PC, and Press F8 to load up the Start-up Options Console. Go to "Last Known Good Configuration" and press Enter.

5. You may be asked to select an OS. If you do then Press Enter on the Copy of Windows that isn't loading up.

6. Windows Should Load Up Properly.

This Strategy Has worked on my Computer, and should work on all. I hope this helps for those people who can't boot up Windows.

I would do as 2balls suggested, although that option is new for SP2. You could also try the pause screen key on the keyboard if you don't have sp2 installed.

-gosh