Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

using activeperl in iis

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

jeff.sadowski

jeff.sadowski

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 01-March 07
I would like to use perl with iis.
I installed activeperl and made sure it works.
I can double click on a perl script and it runs.
Now I'm trying to learn IIS.
But I am really not sure where to start.
I could install apache and use it but I think I should take the time and learn IIS as well.
Here is what I know
Under "Application Configuration" under "Mappings" tab there is an entry [.pl C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s GET, HEAD, POST] that active perl added
I added a file test.pl to the c:\inetpub\wwwroot directory but when I point a web browser at it is says it is not found any other htm files I add to the directory work just fine.

my test.pl looks as follows

#!c:\perl\bin\perl.exe
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello world";

and when executed looks as expected

Content-type: text/html

Hello World

It doesn't appear to be executing from IIS

I'm not sure where I need to put the perl scripts actually. In apache I know I needed them in the cgi-bin directory.

Ok I figured it out :-)

In the "Web Service Extentions" area I found the "Perl CGI Extention" was prohibited I just changed that to Allowed and walla everything works now :-)

Edited by jeff.sadowski, 24 July 2007 - 05:06 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN