Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

ipod help please

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

bigawes

bigawes
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 01-August 07
I bought a new ipod nano a week ago because my ipod mini was messed up. I put it on my computer with my itunes that i update all the time. I was able to upload 900 songs onto my nano. It all worked fine.

Now, the computer does not recognize the ipod. I am putting it on the same USB 2.0 port. I have tried resetting and forcing disk mode, neither work. The ipod charges on the computer and I turned off the option for the computer to power down the USB port. I get a message saying it does not recognize the ipod. I am pretty sure the iTunes kind've recognizes it, but it doesn't show up in the source. But, if I restart my comp with iTunes still on, it reports that a device is scripting iTunes.

Any ideas?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02

I bought a new ipod nano a week ago because my ipod mini was messed up. I put it on my computer with my itunes that i update all the time. I was able to upload 900 songs onto my nano. It all worked fine.

Now, the computer does not recognize the ipod. I am putting it on the same USB 2.0 port. I have tried resetting and forcing disk mode, neither work. The ipod charges on the computer and I turned off the option for the computer to power down the USB port. I get a message saying it does not recognize the ipod. I am pretty sure the iTunes kind've recognizes it, but it doesn't show up in the source. But, if I restart my comp with iTunes still on, it reports that a device is scripting iTunes.

Any ideas?

Does the iPod work on another USB port or on another computer? I've had a similar problem before and it turned out that my USB ports were fried...

bigawes

bigawes
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 01-August 07
It worked just a week ago, so I doubt it is the USB port. It doesn't recognize it in any other USB ports on my computer either though.

Also, it does not show up on Device Manager or anything like that.

killerb255

killerb255

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 26-May 07
Remove all the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" in Device Manager. Now right-click your computer name and left-click "Scan for new hardware" with the iPod connected.

bigawes

bigawes
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 01-August 07
still shows up as an unknown device

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06
Your best bet at this point is to try it on a different computer.

Edited by prx984, 01 August 2007 - 06:03 PM.

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02
Do any other USB devices work on your computer? If not, either you need updated drivers or the ports are fried. If the iPod doesn't work on another computer, then it's possible that either something is wrong with the cable or the iPod itself.

bigawes

bigawes
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 01-August 07
I figured out the problem. It was the USB connector that Apple gives. I tried another one of them on a hunch and it works with the different connector.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users