vLite 1.1 beta - vBloat

nuhi

@Nuhi: somes serious issues in vLite 1.0 and 1.1

1° problem -> affected vLite 1.0 and 1.1 version's

After remove Internet Explorer component with vLite (v1.0/1.1) all the function in tab "protection" of ie7 internet options stop to work. Is not possible to add custom site's list in security categories. The system return popup error with red x circle. If Internet Explorer componente is not removed with vLite all work fine.

With IE component removed from vLite - > error show

img-001 - img-002 - img-003

Without IE component removed from vLite -> all work fine

img-000

2° problem -> affected only vLite 1.1 version -> MUI integration problem "seriuos problem" problen not exist in vLite 1.0 with same .ini configuration

Test to retail and genuine "localized" italian distribution of Vista (homepremium and ultimate) source VISTA-IT-DVD 32/64bit

Retail and Genuine "localized" italian distribution of vista has alredy built-in IT-MUI-LANGUAGE integrate.

vLite recognize from "integration" tab Italiam MUI language alredy installed (if this is or not enabled) img-011

- From vLited 1.1 image installation of Vista is not possible remove or add more installed default modules or functionality of SO like (differential compression, XPS support, HTTP print support, games and more...)

- Procedure stop and system return error popup with "red x circle"

- Event viewer return red error and the word MUI is present in all description's.

- The problem not exist with vLite 1.0 same .ini configuration

- Tested with and without add other "new pathes"

Vista image created with vLite 1.0

img-004 - img-005 - img-006 - img-007 - img-008

Vista image created with vLite 1.1

img-009 - img-010

Nuhi this is one very crucial problem please your attention!

P.S. Complete eventviewer .evtx archive (to load in local event viewer) and .ini presets files (to local load in vLite or notepad) are attached to this post.

Thanks

_eventviewer_vLite11_error.7z

_ini_presets.7z

Edited by datalife

datalife, I don't have that protection tab, attach your preset please.

About the other bold part which I hardly read without calling 911 can you explain without yelling. You want to integrate Italian which is already in, why, is it newer version or the Italian isn't even in before?

And later Control Panel - Features change fail, right?

Kalabaza, did you press Apply to actually integrate it, was the ISO page selected in the tasks before you did all that?

sp00f, on real or virtual machine? Which driver, how did you use them (e.g. extracted, selected inf)?

Nuhi I had a problem. After selecting to integrate some Language packs the tab for making the iso wasn't available I had to close and re-open vLite. Is this normal?

By the way I integrated 6 language packs.

... confirm this issue in vLite 1.1...

About the other bold part which I hardly read without calling 911 can you explain without yelling. You want to integrate Italian which is already in, why, is it newer version or the Italian isn't even in before?

Nuhi, is not this my question. Now post "screenshot images" of problem... re-read post... pardon yelling... my intention is only resolve and use... remember...

Edited by datalife

@ Nuhi

My opinios is: problem related to MUI integration e/o "new-pathces" integration.

All "red error" in eventviewer are referred to any Vista "removed components" from vLite in my custom image!

For me one possible fast solution is: separate mui integration in vLite from tab Integration and insert it to any separate tab called "MUI INTEGRATION"

Other idea is split all into 3 separated tabs called "Drivers Integration" "Patches Integration" "MUI Integration" and ability users from tab "Tasks" to enable odr disable it for working vLite in different mode like vLite 1.0.

For example one identical release with only this changes build v.1.1 reload or v1.1.1 or v1.2 beta

This separation permit to inegrate patches/drivers or mui in indipendent modality and separate error.

vLite 1.0 Final not have this problem and MUI and Pathces/Drivers integration not are present, but vLite reload integrate also all new "components removal" of vLite 1.1. beta.

Thanks

Edited by datalife

nLite and vLite are awesome nuhi! Thx! :D

I'm having a problem with system restore. System restore can create restore points but when using system restore I get an error!

I have not removed any back up components. (dependencies)

Thx!

Yes nuhi, I clicked the apply button it taked several hours to integrate the languages packs, but, at the end of the process the option to make the cd was not available.

Today I try to install vista from this disk, but then a problem appears. At the end of the firts part, before the computers restarts a message is shown: "The selected language was not installed", why is this appening?

Thanks for your hard work and this is getting really good.

Kalabaza, did you press Apply to actually integrate it, was the ISO page selected in the tasks before you did all that?

sp00f, on real or virtual machine? Which driver, how did you use them (e.g. extracted, selected inf)?

Real machine ofcourse, otherwise i dont have the hardware for the drivers.

ZeDMaN, ok but attach the preset so that I may try.

Kalabaza, make sure that the ISO page was selected, there is no reason for it not to appear in that case after the Apply.

How many language packs did you integrate, try just ONE on the clean Vista (you can configure vLite as you want but start with the clean original Vista). Then if it fails with more than one at least I'll know where to start.

nuhi: I integrated 6 language packs: Japanese, Spanish, Italian, German, French and Russian.

And I do selected the option to make the bootable iso, I'm going to include the preset in the afternoon right now I'm not in my home.

I'm going to make one more test with one language pack only.