Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

tain

Input devices

Which do you use most of the time?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you use most of the time?

• Mouse
    • Trackball
    • Other

I'm curious how many folks use trackballs.

i tried a serial trackball once, there abit weird i think i prefer a mouse

Mouse sometimes, but I really like my laptop's touchpad, as long as it's not for long periods of use. Also, sometimes a tablet pc, in which case I use a stylus of course.

Edited by Idontwantspam

I stick with a mouse, I can work with a touchpad on my laptop for short periods, which is all I use it for on-site. Trackballs I absolutely hate as my hands tend to shake a bit (always have) making them impossible to use.

i only use a mouse but i dont consider laptops as real computers anyway so i dont like the trackpad thingos and stuff

@DP: I was reading about GlovePIE a few days ago. Neat stuff!

I'm curious how many folks use trackballs.

I used to use a trackball, but it got dirty so fast... Switched to a wireless optical mouse...

Mouse for me. I just picked up the Logitech MX3200 Wireless desktop - great setup. :)

i just gotta find someone with a Wii so i can "borrow" a Wiimote :whistle:
I'd let you borrow mine but I'm having too much fun with it :)
I used to use a trackball, but it got dirty so fast... Switched to a wireless optical mouse...
I used a trackball for FPS gaming many years ago. I did get annoyed at how dirty it got, but mostly I was bothered by the thumb cramps and the popping thumb knuckle that persists to this day.

I guess I'm not a gamer or I'm some old fart, because it is still possible to do much of everything with the good old keyboard.

My question was really about general PC usage. Gaming wasn't really my focus...but I brought it up anyway. :unsure:

Do you use a mouse with your keyboard? Most of us older guys do! Although these days I use an Evoluent Vertical Mouse because it is easier on my wrist.