Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

tain

Input devices

Which do you use most of the time?   32 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you use most of the time?

• Mouse
    • Trackball
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

I'm curious how many folks use trackballs.

I like to use my joystick.

mouse for me, god i havnt used a trackball in ages.

i tried a serial trackball once, there abit weird i think i prefer a mouse

Mouse sometimes, but I really like my laptop's touchpad, as long as it's not for long periods of use. Also, sometimes a tablet pc, in which case I use a stylus of course.

Edited by Idontwantspam

I stick with a mouse, I can work with a touchpad on my laptop for short periods, which is all I use it for on-site. Trackballs I absolutely hate as my hands tend to shake a bit (always have) making them impossible to use.

i only use a mouse but i dont consider laptops as real computers anyway so i dont like the trackpad thingos and stuff

@DP: I was reading about GlovePIE a few days ago. Neat stuff!

i just gotta find someone with a Wii so i can "borrow" a Wiimote :whistle:

I'm curious how many folks use trackballs.

I used to use a trackball, but it got dirty so fast... Switched to a wireless optical mouse...

Mouse for me. I just picked up the Logitech MX3200 Wireless desktop - great setup. :)

i just gotta find someone with a Wii so i can "borrow" a Wiimote :whistle:
I'd let you borrow mine but I'm having too much fun with it :)
I used to use a trackball, but it got dirty so fast... Switched to a wireless optical mouse...
I used a trackball for FPS gaming many years ago. I did get annoyed at how dirty it got, but mostly I was bothered by the thumb cramps and the popping thumb knuckle that persists to this day.

I guess I'm not a gamer or I'm some old fart, because it is still possible to do much of everything with the good old keyboard.

My question was really about general PC usage. Gaming wasn't really my focus...but I brought it up anyway. :unsure:

Do you use a mouse with your keyboard? Most of us older guys do! Although these days I use an Evoluent Vertical Mouse because it is easier on my wrist.

I do use a mouse when I have to, but it's not very frequent. I have also been looking at one of those vertical mice, seems very interesting.

However, when someone makes a better keyboard that can reduce (or eliminate) the possibility of carpal tunnel, I'll be all for it :).

A full-time keyboard jockey, huh? I'll bet you know more keyboard shortcuts than I've ever even heard of :)

I highly recommend the vertical mouse. They recently released the "version 2" mouse and I like it even better that the old model. This new one has a "bumpy" mousewheel and eliminated a very annoying hardware bug. You can have my old mouse if you come pick it up :)

How far is it from Nebraska to LaLa Land? Because Cluberti would have to go a long way to pick it up!

Oh yeah...

13. No user shall by any means of the forum: sell, trade or give away hardware, software, or any other non consumer electronic related material. MSFN does not support any type of trade and shall not be held accountable.

:whistle:

RE: the rule

It was a joke. I know where cluberti lives. He and I both know that he can't come get it.

I'm not sure that he's revealed that info in a public arena...so I'll let him answer (or not) that. ;)

But I will say that he lives approximately 1,300 miles from me :angel:sneaky:

I plead the 5th :).

i always use a mouse, a logitech G7 to be exact. i had a trackball with my first computer, well it was more like a remote then a trackball (i looked like a typical multi-function tv remote but it had a trackball on top and a left click trigger on the bottom), i absolutely hate touch pads with a passion. i hate them so much that i was installing linux on a friends laptop and couldnt stand her touch pad so i went downstairs and grabbed my mouse, i love how it has a usb dongle so i can take it from pc to pc easily if i have to

I mainly use a mouse but trackerballs are really good :)