Windows XP Professional FTP server

damo12

I have been using the built-in features of Windows XP Professional to setup an FTP server on a host computer configured for ICS. I can access the FTP site from the FTP server directory using IE7 and I can see the files stored in that directory without needing to logon with a username or password. However, when I logon to the FTP server from a client computer on the same LAN, I am prompted for a username and password. If I enter the username and password correctly (case sensitive), I still cannot logon to the FTP server. I have also tried logging on anonymously, but that has also failed. How can I fix this problem?

PS: The only firewall installed is Windows firewall (SP2). This has been configured to allow FTP traffic through port 21. I have also tried connecting to the FTP server from a client computer with this FTP server's firewall disabled. I still couldn't logon from a client computer on the same LAN. The router that the host computer is connected to has a virtual server configured to allow FTP traffic through port 21 and has had its firewall disabled.

is sharing enabled ? ["Share this folder in the network"...]

Yes it is. Please find attached a screen captured image of the logon dialogue box. It won't accept any logon details I provide. The server is configured for anonymous logon.

post-33466-1187075119_thumb.jpg