Suggestion: Remove Mediacenter

eloo

I would like to be able to remove the Mediacenter in Ultimate without removing the MCE IR drivers for (also known as eHome). Great for using Mediaportal.

Thanks!

Edited by eloo

Thanks nuhi, great for us HTPC builders, since the Windows MCE button on the remote is locked to the mediacenter.

I have always been a faithful nlite user, thanks for spending time and energy on vlite.

Edited by eloo

• 1 month later...

Yea this is a great idea. I use media portal too and it would be cool to remove. I'm only using Vista Basic with it but from what I remember I thought it was media player rather than media center that was required. I'm sure I removed Media Center although maybe it is separate in Basic.

Mmm. I'll have to check that.

• 10 months later...

Wow talk about reviving an old topic. Well I've answered my own question, finally. Media Center is not included with Vista Basic but MediaPortal requires Media Player. Which I just proved because it failed to load. I did remove the codecs too but I'm pretty sure it's something in Media Player that's required. Perhaps this can get added to the dependency list in vlite.

Dobby, ok added.

Let me explain the lack of IR separation.

Every time the sub component is separated from the bigger component we run into issues once the hotfixes are applied because they blindly update the whole component.