ICQ, Messenger, Trillian

renakuajo

Im positive that Zone Alarm is blocking it. To test this close it and start up trillian...see if you can chat. Then close trillian and start Zone up again, go into the rules and allow trillian(or any other chat program) to gain access(just like you did with IE or any other application that uses the net).If you cannot gain access with out Zone running state futher description of the problem/situation.

:beer

-drew

In order to solve this problem you must give a description of you situation. For example, Are you on a Network? DSL?Cable?Dail-up?Software installed? XP updates? etc. This way we can understand exactly way you are having this problem.

:)

-drew

i only use trillian and am running ZA Pro and it lets me use file transfer any time i want... so i assume its safe to say that the forewall is not the problem, although it could be that either the people that you are trying to transfer are also behind a firewall...can't transfer if both parties are behind firewalls... and i have a few friends living in Europe...and for some odd reason i can't transfer to them at all...